+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5849Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3681674;
    I boil water and dump it into pot and let it sit. I try to keep changing out the water and never let it cool off. That way I usually don't need to do any scrubbing. The water lifts the baked on goods right off.
    I actually boil it on the stove, with dish soap, simmer for 10 or 15 minutes, scrape it with a spatula and it comes loose easily enough.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;3680416;
    A ring of mushrooms, formed by fairies at night while they danced... That is what my mom told us when we were little... actually I think it is formed over rotting plant material, but I like the fairy story better.
    Oh my gosh! I love the fairy version!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've done some hot water soaking with Dawn, I've used salt, but I've not tried baking soda. The soaking has not worked so far.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3681904;
    I actually boil it on the stove, with dish soap, simmer for 10 or 15 minutes, scrape it with a spatula and it comes loose easily enough.
    GA,

Thanks. I'm going to try doing it on the stove then. I won't have to change the water so much.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3681833;
    If you throw some baking soda into the bottom of the pan, add hot water, let soak, it actually works.
    I was going to say this very thing. I add boiling water. IT really does work well.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Now that I have an empty nest, it is my goal to PURGE my house/barn/shed of all the STUFF. The first two days of school I came home exhausted and was starting to get angry with myself because I had intended to do a little every day. But today I made up for it. I bagged up a pile of noxious stuff (think damp and moldy) from a corner in the basement and took it to the dump. I took a stack of papers from around the computer and sorted, recycled, organized. I put together a big bag of clothes from the closet under the stairs to put in a charity bin. I went through my pantry and put any bags of stale crackers/chips/cereal in the compost bin. Then I went through the fridge and rooted out any salad dressings and sauces that were expired/not likely to be used and rinsed them out and recycled the bottles. I went through a huge stack of my daughter's school binders and recycled the papers and will take the binders in to school for students to take. Now I'm going to have some Kindle time and see if I feel like doing more later. But woo hoo! for me. I rock!
    Count your blessings!

Good for you Gutmutter~! I love reading stuff like that it really motivates me. Had an argument this morning with my youngest (15) about how she is never home. I know part of it is because of empty nest and the thought I only have about 3 short years before this one leaves. She is an independent soul and I wouldn't be surprised if she moved across the country at 18. As it is my oldest is here in town, going to college and I see him just about 30 minutes a week. I'm a mess today. I'm going to go make some cream puffs...then maybe vaccum. lol
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3683202;
    Now that I have an empty nest, it is my goal to PURGE my house/barn/shed of all the STUFF. The first two days of school I came home exhausted and was starting to get angry with myself because I had intended to do a little every day. But today I made up for it. I bagged up a pile of noxious stuff (think damp and moldy) from a corner in the basement and took it to the dump. I took a stack of papers from around the computer and sorted, recycled, organized. I put together a big bag of clothes from the closet under the stairs to put in a charity bin. I went through my pantry and put any bags of stale crackers/chips/cereal in the compost bin. Then I went through the fridge and rooted out any salad dressings and sauces that were expired/not likely to be used and rinsed them out and recycled the bottles. I went through a huge stack of my daughter's school binders and recycled the papers and will take the binders in to school for students to take. Now I'm going to have some Kindle time and see if I feel like doing more later. But woo hoo! for me. I rock!
    Gut, good job on your cleaning therapy! That work will pay off in the long run. Your message has inspired me to follow through on my purging goals as well. I got back from a trip on Tue and am still not all the way unpacked yet. I feel drained after working at school this week and not getting done there - school starts here on Monday. I am heading there now to clean up and get things in order for my kids, then will come back home and get to work here.

My nest has become un-empty due to the fact that my wonderful daughter is now a jobless college grad. After being home just a few days, she has a part time job here, and other real jobs to apply for in her field. I am happy to have her here, but all her stuff is in our little house does not quite fit! So she and I will be looking in our nooks and crannies for things to get rid of.

Wow Gutmutter, you do rock! It sounds like you accomplished a lot for one day. Enjoy your Kindle time.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Cleaning is really a form of therapy. It definitely makes you feel like something's been lifted after you do it. Great job Gut!

+ Reply to Thread