+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5771Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3680320;
    I agree with the accountability issue, but on the other hand, it's hard to argue about accountability when you receive $20 a week per child and your ex expects that to cover 1/2 of their portion of rent, utilities, food, school supplies, winter coats, clothes...and the list goes on. I learned to bargain shop, let me tell you! I am glad that Cali took it upon herself to raise herself and feel bad that her mom apparently was in "motherhood" for the check. It's a shame that there aren't more checks and balances
    I know famita, it works both ways doesn't it, sadly enough.

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3680403;
    What is a fairy ring?
    A ring of mushrooms, formed by fairies at night while they danced... That is what my mom told us when we were little... actually I think it is formed over rotting plant material, but I like the fairy story better.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

One of my high school teachers had a story similar to your mom's. Her version was it was the ring within which the fairies danced in at night. I've seen them (the rings...not the fairies! ) in my yard before, and I live in the city. Everytime I see one mushroom growing, I look for the ring and frequently find it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Does anyone know what to use to get a scorchy, burnt on, cheesy mess out of the bottom of a stainless steel pot?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3680745;
    Does anyone know what to use to get a scorchy, burnt on, cheesy mess out of the bottom of a stainless steel pot?
    If just soaking for a while with hot sudsy water doesn't work, I've had good success with brillo pads and/or Dawn Power Dissolver (blue spray bottle). I'd still soak for a little bit first though to loosen things up.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Elbow grease and a stainless steel scrub pad.

I generally take the path of least resistance: soak it in HOT soapy water. Works for me every time
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I boil water and dump it into pot and let it sit. I try to keep changing out the water and never let it cool off. That way I usually don't need to do any scrubbing. The water lifts the baked on goods right off.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I soak with hot soapy water, but I use teflon pots, so I can't scrub with metal. What I use are the little, square, brown, plastic scrapers from Pampered Chef. I'm sure there must be equivalents in kitchen stores.
    Count your blessings!

If you throw some baking soda into the bottom of the pan, add hot water, let soak, it actually works.

+ Reply to Thread