+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 2429 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324641145141014 ... LastLast
Like Tree5792Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

I have some slipcovers from Target. They're pretty good and they fit quite well, although we have weirdly angular sofas and all slipcovers fit a bit loose on them, no matter what we do. I'll have to try the rolled up newspaper thing or the PVC pipe though.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    Ok, so I came to this expecting to read some interesting tales and myrosiedog is sharing her family epistle and I'm rolling on the floor-geez, you have my kind of humor! And then Newfherder and Muduh share their hilarious tales. (Newfherder, your cousin sounds like me when I drank-couldn't get rid of my clothes fast enough!) OMG, my office mate is wondering why I'm laughing so hard! I thank you all!

PGM35, nice redecorating!

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana View Post
    Cool thread!!
    I am back to work after a 4 day break. DH is off this entire week, and since I started this job Mid-May, I didn't think it would be right to request a week off so soon.

Slip covers seem to look nice until they get all messed up. I see someone suggested a rolled up magazine, that does work pretty good, so does a piece of PVC. I ordered from Surefit before, a cover for an ottoman. Unfortunately, my ottoman was just a smidge too big, so I had to send it back. But the quality was good and the color was true to the picture in the catalog.
    The magazine thing is good, but my son has a SureFit cover on his sofa and has had it for a few years. With a little one slidding down all the time, it was always slipping so I rolled up the newspaper, long ways and then put a strip of that rubber stuff that you buy to line your cabinets with. I got it at Big Lots, for vey little money. Put the rubber stuff around the paper, slide it down behind the cushions and at the ends where the arms are. The cover does not slip now.

Anyway, the catalog is nice to have so that you can keep comparing before you decide. I'm not an impulse shopper for big items, and need to keep looking back, again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana View Post
    Cool thread!!
    Slip covers seem to look nice until they get all messed up. I see someone suggested a rolled up magazine, that does work pretty good, so does a piece of PVC.
    As you can tell from the picture of the new covers - they DO get messed up - I should have smoothed it out a little more.

Nice pics PGM!

Muduh, Newfherder, and Rosie - those were great stories! I defintely needed a laugh today and I sure got one

Just a short memory about "the boyfriend". This poor guy put up with more than any one suitor should ever have to, let me tell you. We didn't have running water in the house, which necessitated a run out across the yard in one direction for water, or the other direction for the outhouse. Mind you, this was right in the middle of town. Well it was summer, steaming hot, and my sister decided to wash her hair out on th back steps. She finished with that soapy water and turned around to sling it across the yard, and around the corner of the house strolled the boyfriend. She caught him full in the chest with what was probably a couple of gallons of soapy, "hair" water. I still remember the look on his face.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Am I the only person who did not know that you can use 5 of those 20% off coupons at one time in Bed, Bath, and Beyond??? The only thing I was sure of was that they never expire!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I didnt know that either, prhoshay. Nice to know tho, as I love that store!
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

I saw that Kohl's is having a very big sale. Wish I could go. The nearest Kohl's is a long way away.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Am I the only person who did not know that you can use 5 of those 20% off coupons at one time in Bed, Bath, and Beyond??? The only thing I was sure of was that they never expire!
    Awesome, isn't it?!?!?! AND they accept coupons from Linens N Things too!

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    I saw that Kohl's is having a very big sale. Wish I could go. The nearest Kohl's is a long way away.
    Muduh - they have "the biggest sale of the season" oh, about every 4 days or so. They also have online shopping with 99cent shipping a lot at Kohls.com

+ Reply to Thread