+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6933Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Cali,
    Those are good reasons, esp. the second one. I have found that there is usually a good reason why family does not like / does not feel someone suitable for their relative. It's usually wise to listen to them.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

We usually learn that lesson too late, though.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Or they could be like my husband's family and just be hateful and not like anyone on general purposes. If my husband had listened to them, he wouldn't have married me and we wouldn't have had over 20 great years together so far and a wonderful daughter. His family is crazy and I'm glad he decided to make up his own mind and not listen to them (not only that, but once his parents died, he has cut off all communication with his siblings and we had limited communication with them before that.). But we had also known each other 2 years before we got married and had "test driven the car" by living together for a year.

But there is usually a reason why the family doesn't like the spouse unless the family is nuts like my inlaws.

Cali, I'm sorry you went through that and I'm sorry your dad had to deal with that. But you seem like such a with it person that I applaud you for making your own life and being a terrific person. So many people tend to blame the past for everything and never move on and make the present and future a sad little life because they are still dragging all that past baggage around with them.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3678264;
    Cali,
    Those are good reasons, esp. the second one. I have found that there is usually a good reason why family does not like / does not feel someone suitable for their relative. It's usually wise to listen to them.

even though i'm too young to participate in your discussions..
    i just want to say something.....
    ahhhmmmmmmm.........

"honor your father and your mother that thy days may be long upon the land w/c the lord thy GOD giveth thee"...exodus 20:8.....
    be strong....and....and.....
    never marry if you knew the person for just 6 months.....jejeje

MRD

Some parents do not deserve to be honored. Not mine, but I have known people who had parents that did not even deserve to be called parents. I believe you have to give respect to get it. Even to your children.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Well, my coffee maker finally gave up the ghost this morning. It's been moaning and groaning for awhile now and I knew it was just a matter of time, but was I smart enough to pick up a new one last weekend when I went shopping? I have a class this morning so at least I'll be able to get a cup on the way.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Thanks, strength has nothing to do with who I am. If you are in a situation like that you do what you need to do to survive. In my case I needed to get away from my mom to survive, which meant college.
    CaliLily You made the right decisions regardless of the situation you were in. Its so easy for people to say well my mother's a looser, that's why I'm an alcoholic or whatever. To me, that is the most important issue, you had the common sense to look after yourself no matter what. You set yourself some pretty aggressive goals and you went for it, to me that is a total indication of how much determination you have. You say strength has nothing to do with it, but I know there are alot of people who just don't have the strength or desire to deal with challenges in their life. Be proud of who you are and what you have accomplished.

I agree with regards to the child support and some sort of audit. In my line of work, I see huge support payments being paid, with minimal visitation. The person receiving support should have to prove with receipts the money is being used for the children, end of story. The unfairness, and its usually to the ex husbands, is a crime in itself.

I agree with the accountability issue, but on the other hand, it's hard to argue about accountability when you receive $20 a week per child and your ex expects that to cover 1/2 of their portion of rent, utilities, food, school supplies, winter coats, clothes...and the list goes on. I learned to bargain shop, let me tell you! I am glad that Cali took it upon herself to raise herself and feel bad that her mom apparently was in "motherhood" for the check. It's a shame that there aren't more checks and balances

This fairy ring was in our pasture this morning, unfortunately the cows had found it before I did.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;3680392;
    This fairy ring was in our pasture this morning, unfortunately the cows had found it before I did.
    What is a fairy ring?

+ Reply to Thread