+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6257Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

On one hand, it makes it tight to pay the bills. On the other hand, when I get 5 or 6 payments all at once, it is like winning the lottery.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I guess it was important for ME to be in the driver's seat as much as possible, where our son was concerned. My ex- was a control freak, and I had had all of his mess that I was going to take.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Gut, when my granddaughter's mother lived in MA, my son's child support was taken out of his paycheck and deposited into an account run by the Commonwealth's Dept. of Revenue. She had a debit card issued by the DOR and could go to any ATM and get out the money that way. It sure makes things easy doing it that way. The money is there on the date it is supposed to be, she could get access to it whenever she needed to, etc.

Hmmm - I might look into that. Thanks. First day without my baby. Luckily school started yesterday, so I have a lot to do, and my mom arrives for a brief visit today.
    Count your blessings!

My son's child support is taken directly from his paycheck and goes to the state because his ex is on welfare. She complains all the time because "she doesn't get child support" from my son, but she doesn't seem to realize that she's getting way more money than what he is paying. But she's still got some people believing that he is a dead beat dad.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

People who know him know the truth. The heck with her.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Being a child of divorced parents and a worthless mom, I guess I have a different view on the child support issue. My dad sent his check every single month to support my brother and I but I never saw a penny of it because my deadbeat mom stuffed it all into a savings account for herself. Meanwhile, I had to buy all of my own clothes, toothpaste, food, haircuts out of money that I earned at my job (instead of it going for college). I even had to pay my own private high school tuition and my own senior pictures. My senior year of high school I worked 6 jobs to pay for everything so that I could have a decent graduation party. Needless to say, I was kicked out of my house a week after graduation because my mom 'didn't want to support me' any longer. About 6 months after my graduation she tried to sue me for 4,000.00 saying that 'I owed her' for the cost of raising me. My dad hired a lawyer and she backed off.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that there should be some sort of proof as to how the child support is being spent so that people like my mom can't hoard it and then buy a big screen tv and a brand new car once their kids leave for college. I wish that there was some sort of way to track it or audit. It kills me to see my dad hurting financially because he was doing the right thing for his children. I understand that my family's situation is an unusual one... but there it is.

It taught me a very valuable lesson with money for whenever I get married.
    Last edited by CaliLily; 08-25-2009 at 01:18 PM.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

I don't want to be nosy, but I'd like to know the lesson that you learned about money that you plan to implement when you get married.

Wow! Your experience really stinks, you seem to be a really terrific person inspite of what you've gone through....or maybe because of what you've gone through. Strong Cali!! You're a young woman who knows that she can stand on her own 2 feet!

Cali, I give you a lot of credit.
    You are a strong woman, as a result, and nobody can take that awayfrom you.
    You go, girl!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Thanks, strength has nothing to do with who I am. If you are in a situation like that you do what you need to do to survive. In my case I needed to get away from my mom to survive, which meant college.

My parents married after 6 months of knowing each other. My mom married my dad because he was an engineering student who was going to be making big money after he graduated. She married him with the sole intention of divorcing him and recieving alimony for the rest of her life. Each child was an extra 'paycheck' for her. One week after my brother entered the first grade (I was in third) my dad was going on a business trip. She was planning on leaving him that weekend and taking every single piece of furniture/belonging in the house with the 2 of us kids so that when he got home he would have nothing but an empty house. She let the master plan slip to my 18 yr old cousin and she told grandma. Needless to say he stayed home from the trip and confronted her. She still left with almost everything and us kids. I'll never forget my dads face when we pulled away. It is burned into my brain and has been since I was 9.

The lessons I have learned are a) never marry someone after only knowing them 6 months and b) take your family's advice. My dads family hated my mom. He didn't listen. Blind love.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

+ Reply to Thread