+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7199Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

It takes a little getting used to when they leave, but it's gotten to the point that, now, I don't sleep well when he's in the house! Go figure.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I had to laugh at Doxie and Ellen's great and wonderful advice for Gut-Get another "Dan"-just what she needs! Gut, it's hard, but you'll learn to appreciate your quiet times, too! I was a mess when mine moved out (even thought I really pushed my youngest out last year. I'm thankful that I raised good kids who are turning out to be productive adults, but it was shaky there for a while w/my youngest.

prhoshay,I know what you mean-I'm sooooo used to being by myself that when he comes to borrow my car and lets himself in, I have to remember to keep a bathrobe in the bathroom so I don't surprise him.

Gut I had a hard time letting go too. It might help if you could go up at some point, just for a quick visit and take her out to lunch. I will be thinking of the both of you.

I'm coming here rather than letting my daughter's leave-taking turn into a war zone. Her dad is taking her up and said he was renting a "big" car to take all her stuff. It is a smallish 4-door and she's trying to jam everything in with the help of her friends who are here to see her off. That man could not put a square peg in a square hole. ARGHHH!!!!
    Count your blessings!

Gut from what I've read, I am convinced that you, Bunny555 and I all have the same ex. Surely there aren't 3 of them out there.
    When my son went to college, his Dad rented him truck and helped him pack at his house. He had tied sons stuff on with really small twine. Son didn't want to hurt his Dads feelings, and so he drove really slow till he could get to our house and Mr. Ing could help him strap his stuff down.
    Bless your heart.

Well, it all fit but a cheap plastic laundry basket and a life-sized cut out of her favorite teacher a friend made her. The friend was here to see her off and said she'd mail it to her. So they're on their way and I'm on the way to the bank with 2 months worth of delinquent child-support checks.
    Count your blessings!

Yep! He's the same one.

True heaven is when they (those manly exes) can't jerk you around with the "child support check ritual".

I was very fortunate that the payments came straight out of his paychecks and his pension checks, before he got a chance to get his hands on the money.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3677376;
    True heaven is when they (those manly exes) can't jerk you around with the "child support check ritual".

I was very fortunate that the payments came straight out of his paychecks and his pension checks, before he got a chance to get his hands on the money.
    I wonder if this is the law here in Pennsylvania, because the people I know who are divorced with kids have their child support taken out this way. It makes it much less complicated for everyone involved, I think.

Gut, I think it's really sweet that you are sad about your "baby" heading off to college. If I was a single parent to three kids, I think I would be grateful for the peace and quiet. lol.

If the guy/girl never sees the money leaving their hands/pens, I think they take it much better...unless they're just crazy, anyway! My attorney got me all set up; if I had had to wait for him to pay me, we would have been in court every other month. I knew what he did to his first wife! It's a manipulation tool.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 08-24-2009 at 08:59 PM.

+ Reply to Thread