+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7212Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Big emotional day for me. Last day as a full-time mom. My youngest (of three) goes to college tomorrow, and I know from experience that it's never the same again. I was more than ready for the first two to go. My oldest daughter was very difficult at home, but the same qualities that made her a difficult daughter drove her to the top of her class as an aviation major and she's a respected pilot today. My son is still an overgrown 3-year-old at 21. But my youngest daugher is fun, vivacious, loving, creative, and I will miss her so much!!! I start work tomorrow and won't even be here when her dad takes her. I'm running up there with the rest of her stuff this weekend, but it will just be to unload and take her out to dinner. I've been fine with it all until this morning. It just hit me really hard and I'm on the edge of tears.
    Count your blessings!

It's so hard to let go isn't it? Especially when we've raised them ourselves and are responsible for the beings that they've become. Take a step back and admire the child you've raised Gut........

Thanks Bunny. I just realized I've spent very nearly half of my life as a mother. I'm 52 and my oldest is 23. It's going to be weird coming home to an empty house.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3675440;
    Big emotional day for me. Last day as a full-time mom. My youngest (of three) goes to college tomorrow, and I know from experience that it's never the same again. I was more than ready for the first two to go. My oldest daughter was very difficult at home, but the same qualities that made her a difficult daughter drove her to the top of her class as an aviation major and she's a respected pilot today. My son is still an overgrown 3-year-old at 21. But my youngest daugher is fun, vivacious, loving, creative, and I will miss her so much!!! I start work tomorrow and won't even be here when her dad takes her. I'm running up there with the rest of her stuff this weekend, but it will just be to unload and take her out to dinner. I've been fine with it all until this morning. It just hit me really hard and I'm on the edge of tears.
    Not being a Dad of human kids I cannot relate to the empty nest syndrome, but I am thinking of you dear lady. You have, from what I can gather, done a wonderful job. ENJOY!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Thanks guys - I just found out this morning that her dad is renting a larger vehicle so I probably won't need to drive up over the weekend. So today is it. I just dropped her off at work. Her cell phone stopped working yesterday and she's really nervous about tomorrow, so I've had to put my feelings on hold and help her through hers.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3675454;
    Not being a Dad of human kids I cannot relate to the empty nest syndrome, but I am thinking of you dear lady. You have, from what I can gather, done a wonderful job. ENJOY!
    I second that!

If the empty house gets too quiet, you can always get another exchange student!

When I went to college (not far away) my mom helped me shop, pack the car and then cheerfully stood in the driveway and waved me off. Years later, she told me that she cried like a baby for the rest of the day. This was before computers and cell phones and by the end of the second day at college, I was standing in line to use the dorm pay phone to call my mom. So, I am sure that your daughter will miss you every bit as much as you miss her.

And - when my younger brother left, she did the same thing. But HE kept coming back so the nest wasn't really empty. When he was about 24, Mom commented that she was more than ready to turn the nest over and shake him out of it.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3675453;
    Thanks Bunny. I just realized I've spent very nearly half of my life as a mother. I'm 52 and my oldest is 23. It's going to be weird coming home to an empty house.
    Aww...I definitely feel for you, Gut..and I know what you're going through. It's difficult. Something us moms all have to go through at some point. Its hard because we're the nurturers, and then all of a sudden these kids leave us to move on in life. It takes time, but you'll get through it. Hang in there.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've always thought of August as cricket season. That is when I'd see them the most. And cricket season does pass, but never soon enough.

Bugs totally freak me out!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3675532;
    Thanks for the laugh! I needed that.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3675532;
    Maybe Dan needs some new towels?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread