+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I read this article about cell phones vs. landlines and thought it was interesting and informative....and a little scary.

Cellphones problematic for 911 - USATODAY.com
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Anyone know how to get mildew stains out of clothing? My granddaughters new outfit "somehow" ended up behind the hamper with some damp towels. I'm pretty sure the stains are mildew. I've washed it a couple of times, used pre wash stain remover and Oxy-Clean. I haven't dried it in the dryer yet. Still hoping I can find something to get the stain out. It's a very bright colored floral print so I can't use bleach on it. Any ideas?
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3673044;
    Anyone know how to get mildew stains out of clothing? My granddaughters new outfit "somehow" ended up behind the hamper with some damp towels. I'm pretty sure the stains are mildew. I've washed it a couple of times, used pre wash stain remover and Oxy-Clean. I haven't dried it in the dryer yet. Still hoping I can find something to get the stain out. It's a very bright colored floral print so I can't use bleach on it. Any ideas?
    You have my sympathy. Something like this happened to me when we first moved to a humid climate. I couldn't get the stains out with anything and ended up having to throw out the stained items. Hopefully someone else around here has has a more positive experience to report!!

Follow these steps to remove mildew stains from Acrylic Fabric, Cotton, Linen, Modacrylic, Nylon, Olefin, Polyester and Spandex. Most mildew stains can be removed during regular laundering if they are moistened beforehand.

If a stain remains:

Test fabric for colorfastness.
    If color doesn't change, cover stain with a paste of lemon juice and salt.
    On cotton and linen, make a paste from an oxygen bleach, water, and a few drops of ammonia.
    Let paste cover stain for 15 to 30 minutes.
    Flush thoroughly with water and launder again.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

If all else fails, use bleach. It's already ruined if the stains won't come out, so you can't ruin it anymore by using bleach and the bleach may work. But try Gut's solution first.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3673044;
    Try Simple Green. You can find it in the automotive section at most stores.
    You dampen the clothes and then spray it on and let it sit for awhile. Most stains will come right out and then you wash it in the washer. I've even gotten stains out that have been washed and dried.

Does anyone know of a way to keep grasshoppers and crickets away? Not that I am scared of them or anything but they are litterally taking over my apartment. I bought a can of Raid and sprayed it around my doors and everything but they are still coming in past it somehow.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

MRD

I have no idea Cali, but you are the 3rd person today that I have heard with this problem. Is there a plague or something???
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

There must be because they are not tiny baby sized bugs... the grasshoppers I have are about 2 1/2 to 3 ins long!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Centipedes are taking over my apartment. I'd call it creepy crawly fun, but then i'd be lying.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread