+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I could swear there was another thread that dealt with some of these issues, because I remember contributing to a collective rant about the spelling of ridiculous, misuse of apostrophes, and how mistaken insistence on using "for all intensive purposes" drives me crazy, as does lingo.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3632484;
    Now see, I always got a chuckle out of DH, because I always imagined an eye roll accompanying it... as in "that guy I put up with".
    Well the "D" doesn't HAVE to stand for dear or darling if you are angry at him.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My coffee maker quit working this morning. I'm cleaning it now. Yeah, it hasn't been cleaned in quite awhile and I'm hoping that's all that's wrong with it. I've run vinegar through twice and am running clear water through now. I miss my coffee!!
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Now see, I think of something completely different when I see the abbreviation DH lol. My mentor, who I met online, has a nick he goes by called Deathshead, but we call him DH or Deathy for short. He is an interesting fellow. He has a Master's (i think) in Philosophy, studied Demons, and somehow became a professional graphic designer.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

MRD

Superbrat. I watch the History Channel a lot and it has amazed me the areas that people can be experts in. I have seen "weapons historian", "angel historian" and "demon historian" among others. I guess you can be a historian of just about everything that has a history.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Hey everyone, I needed some advice and was hoping you wouldn't mind me asking here. I just got a call from a close friend of mine who had just gotten back from a trip. While on this trip she had another close mutual friend of ours dog sit her 4 month old Mastiff puppy for her. While gone she recieved a call from the police that a report of animal abuse had been called in by one of her neighbors who saw her punching and kicking the puppy while out on a walk. The dog was exhausted and refused to go any longer so after punching and kicking the dog, my 'friend' wrapped the leash around her own waist and drug her for 4 blocks back home. There is a trail of blood leading throughout those 4 blocks all the way up my friend (the Mastiff's owner's) driveway and then into the house.

I am shell shocked right now. The friend who abused the dog now has a warrant out for her arrest and my other friend is inconsolable. I just spent an hour and a half on the phone trying to convince her that the dog will not end up ruined and broken spirited. It has been 2 days since the incident and the dog can barely move due to broken ribs and severe disorientation from be being punched in the head. The vet assured my friend that she would be a little skittish but would eventually (and with the right behaivor dog councling) return to herself.

I am not sure what to do about the situation because the abuser has tried calling me several times but I can't bring myself to talk to her. I hate losing a friend but at the same time don't know how I can go on being friends with someone who can do that to an animal or human without any guilt. She told my other friend that that is how you train dogs, that you are extremely mean to them for their first year (NOT RIGHT!!! THAT MAKES ME SICK!)

I guess what I am asking is for any advice on how to deal with this situation. I don't want to get in the middle of it because that is not my place, but I also know that I can ignore it.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

CaliLily, I don't think you should feel guilty for not wanting to be her friend anymore. I wouldn't. No way could I stomach being friendly with someone with that much cruelty in them. Be there for the friend who's dear puppy was victimized and tell the other one that you two obviously have different values and you don't feel comfortable associating with her anymore.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

I say take the friend who drug the dog, tie a rope around her waist, fasten the other end to the bumper of your car and drag her butt out of town.

I agree with burntbrat. There is no way that I could continue to be friends with anyone who is capable of doing such horrible things to any animal. I really think if it was me, I'd take her call, find out where she is and turn her in to the police. Ahhh!! Cruelty to animals makes me so furious!!! I feel so sorry for your friend. But I think with the right kind of care and love the puppy can come through this. You, your friend and that poor little pup are in my thoughts, Calilily.

ETA: Good idea Unk!!
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I watch Animal Police everyday and I've seen animals succeed in coming out of hideously monstrous situations to love and trust again. It is shocking at what people will do to animals. I just don't get it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread