+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6941Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

  1. #13881
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,148

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3621132;
    No I'm not getting more used to them. But walking is ok as I can see beneath the glasses when I walk.
    MRD, Be patient with the glasses. You'll find one day that you're used to them and will wonder why they bothered you. Should be about 1 - 2 weeks. In the meantime, and most importantly, do you look gorgeous in them?
    I so love getting new glasses. I wish I could get a new pair.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  2. #13882
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,661

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    New glasses ARE a blast! Let's face it...it's adding a special piece to your wardrobe. When I used to wear them, I got a real kick out of checking myself out in the mirror. Then I went to contact lenses, which really worked miracles for me; then I could concentrate on cute sunglasses, which I still do. Then I finally went to laser surgery, which was my best move of all. The laser surgery results takes getting used to, also...like you wouldn't believe. I went through a period where I was seeing what seemed to be black birds diving on me!! That was horrible, but that, too, passed. It was definitely embarrassing to be jumping away from something that wasn't there.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  3. #13883
    Resident curmudgeon Newfherder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Enchanted by a beautiful Soprano
    Posts
    3,163

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    I went through a period where I was seeing what seemed to be black birds diving on me!! That was horrible, but that, too, passed. It was definitely embarrassing to be jumping away from something that wasn't there.
    I think that's part of the pre-op instructions when getting laser surgery--don't quit drinking just before surgery
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

  4. #13884
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Here's something that's irritating me and this seems like a good place to have a little vent.
    I think we're all used to seeing people on the internet type "loose" or "loosing" when they mean "lose" or "losing" and "your" instead of "you're" is rampant, but why do so many people think "alot" is a word?
    You wouldn't type "alittle" so why type "alot"?

    Also, it's rather ridiculous how many people suddenly think the correct spelling is "rediculous".
    "That's Numberwang!"

  5. #13885
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,544

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Dumbing down with no one teaching or correcting

  6. #13886
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3631314;
    Dumbing down with no one teaching or correcting
    I guess so. It's quite evident people aren't even being told the correct way to pronouce words.
    If you can't pronouce a word good luck spelling it correctly.
    "That's Numberwang!"

  7. #13887
    FORT Fanatic CaliLily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    689

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3631313;
    Here's something that's irritating me and this seems like a good place to have a little vent.
    I think we're all used to seeing people on the internet type "loose" or "loosing" when they mean "lose" or "losing" and "your" instead of "you're" is rampant, but why do so many people think "alot" is a word?
    You wouldn't type "alittle" so why type "alot"?

    Also, it's rather ridiculous how many people suddenly think the correct spelling is "rediculous".
    I agree with you alot (haha, sorry.. bad joke...)

    Seriously though, I think people are counting on their spell-check to get everything these days and they no longer pay attention to how they spell it because they know it will (usually) be automatically corrected. As an English Lit major in college It drives me insane when people start using words like 'preggo' and 'rents' instead of typing the extra 2 or 3 letters.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

  8. #13888
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,661

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Spellcheck won't catch all mistakes, especially if the misspelled word is a legitimate word. Depending on spellcheck is not very smart.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  9. #13889
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3631343;
    I agree with you alot (haha, sorry.. bad joke...)

    Seriously though, I think people are counting on their spell-check to get everything these days and they no longer pay attention to how they spell it because they know it will (usually) be automatically corrected. As an English Lit major in college It drives me insane when people start using words like 'preggo' and 'rents' instead of typing the extra 2 or 3 letters.
    Ugh, I don't like those abbreviations either.
    One that just really irritates me is DH. Can people not just type "husband"?
    DH just sounds so, well, ridiculous.

    I'm also irritated by "anyways".
    "That's Numberwang!"

  10. #13890
    Over and Out! Bunny555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,368

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3631909;
    Ugh, I don't like those abbreviations either.
    One that just really irritates me is DH. Can people not just type "husband"?
    DH just sounds so, well, ridiculous.

    I'm also irritated by "anyways".
    I completely agree! I'm not the type that can see an abbreviation that I don't understand and not look it up. As a baseball fan, I see DH as designated hitter but that's clearly not what people mean when they type that I also don't understand the confusion regarding the words "to" and "too". "Too" means "also" or "to an extreme"....
    Last edited by Bunny555; 08-02-2009 at 03:29 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.