+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7193Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Our DMV does credit cards online only, cash or check in person no debit yet.

I always send mine through the mail. Out of sight, out of mind.

MRD

I don't mind paying the few dollars extra to do it through the mail because it takes FOREVER to do it in person. To me the extra 3 or 4 bucks to save an hour is definetly worth it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I was in and out in 5 minutes yesterday!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The other night at work I waited on a large group of people. There were 3 old ladies in the group, and by old, I mean late 80's, early 90's. I asked them what they'd like to drink. One lady said, "I'd like a half a beer." Apparently I had that deer in the headlights look, and one of the men sitting there said, "just bring a beer and 2 glasses, I'll split it with her then I'll get another one later." I still chuckle when I think of it. All the years I've worked in various restaurants, and that was a new one for me.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3588759;
    The other night at work I waited on a large group of people. There were 3 old ladies in the group, and by old, I mean late 80's, early 90's. I asked them what they'd like to drink. One lady said, "I'd like a half a beer." Apparently I had that deer in the headlights look, and one of the men sitting there said, "just bring a beer and 2 glasses, I'll split it with her then I'll get another one later." I still chuckle when I think of it. All the years I've worked in various restaurants, and that was a new one for me.
    I wonder if that 1/2 a beer is what's kept her going to her 80's and 90's?!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3588883;
    I wonder if that 1/2 a beer is what's kept her going to her 80's and 90's?!
    Or the little old man sharing her brewskis?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3590332;
    Or the little old man sharing her brewskis?
    LAUGH. OUT. LOUD. Thanks Ellen.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

I finally got my new glasses yesterday. I am having a hard time adjusting. THey are progressive tri-focals. I ended up with my eyes strained and a headache yesterday. Bit better today, but not great. I can't see with them and I can't see without them. Please someone tell me it gets better. I'm supposed to wear them while driving. HA! I am actually afraid to wear them while driving as I can see everything in the top half of my field of vision fine (trees, clouds, sky), but not in the bottom half which includes the roads, cars and signs!!!

And when I look down, everything appears to be tilted. Counters, floors, etc. My optometrist said I would get used to it that it takes some adjustment. I don't know about this guys.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Hang in there MRD. It took me a few days to get used to mine. I have progressive bi-focals, and I've had them for several years, but I still remember how hard it was to get used to them. I called it the "floating floor syndrome". And if I remember right, I had headaches too. I'd say to give them a few days and wear them as much as you can. If it doesn't get better, then go back and have them checked because there could be a problem with the lenses. Good luck.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread