+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Ana that's AWESOME. Cootie, I bet that was so interesting. Did you ever get to go see any of the launches with him?

Cape Kennedy is so different now. I remember going there when I was about 9 years old. Not a major tourist spot at the time, but you could see some stuff and they took you on bus tour of the launch pads. Not a lot going on. NOW, wow, they've got movies and a museum, all kinds of cool stuff.

Well considering that a lot of what we take for granted in our lives today came out of the space stuff, I don't mind the money spent on it. The advancement in technology, computers, cell phones, medicine were all side benefits of what was done for NASA and the space program. Not to mention mylar balloons. The lunar lander was wrapped in gold mylar to protect it from the heat of the sun. It was lightweight and reflected the sun's rays. But so much of what was learned in the 60's through today about technology was learned through the space program and that knowledge was then applied to commercial applications. It really paved the way for the conveniences in our lives.

The lab has lost my glasses order. Should have been ready last week. I've called 3 times and they finally admitted that the lab lost my order and they had to resend it. So now it will be next week. They told me 7-10 business days and it's been 14.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Aww geeze MRD - are they going to compensate you with some sort of a discount for your inconvenience?

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3547740;
    I have T-Mobile also. I sent a text to a friend in AZ one Friday afternoon at 2:00 Eastern, 11 a.m Mountain time. She sent me a text back Sunday morning at 8 a.m Eastern, 5 a.m Mountain saying to quit sending her text messages until she woke up. It was the text I sent out Friday. And they sent it 3 times!!
    This happened to me - I sent a pic via text to a good friend of mine on a Saturday afternoon. I got a text back at 3AM the following Wednesday morning, how irate she was that 1-I was sending her pics that she couldn't open, 2 - why was out so late, 3 - why was I texting her, then finally, 4 - seriously, what is this pic of?!?!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Here's an irritation: It's time for me to renew my car registration. They want an extra $2 to renew it by mail; they want and extra $5 to renew it online; no extra to walk in and do it. It makes no sense to me to pay $3 more than the reasonable snail mail charge to renew it online. Where is the logic? Can anybody tell me?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Do you belong to AAA? It's free to walk in and you get your stickers right there.

My registration has gone up every year for about 5 years now. It's really irritating because it is supposed to go down as the vehicle gets older. God bless our state for being so dumb with their monies that they have to tax me a bundle to make up for their mistakes.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3579669;
    Here's an irritation: It's time for me to renew my car registration. They want an extra $2 to renew it by mail; they want and extra $5 to renew it online; no extra to walk in and do it. It makes no sense to me to pay $3 more than the reasonable snail mail charge to renew it online. Where is the logic? Can anybody tell me?
    Maybe it varies from state to state, but I've never had to pay extra to renew it in the mail or online. But, maybe that's why CA is so in the red.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Here in NY, anytime I try to do anything with DMV online, they will only take credit cards. No personal checks, which they will take if I mail it in or walk it in.

I don't like putting random stuff like that on my credit card. All the other bills I pay online just deduct from my checking acct. Just not DMV

On the plus side, they don't charge extra for snail mailing it or doing it online. That would irritate me more!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3579669;
    Here it's $2 mail fee with $1 extra if you do it online. The online still charges the mail fee so it ends up being $3 online and $2 via mail. Free if you walk into the office. Someone told me the mail fee was to have THEM mail it out to you which happens both via mail and online.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3580971;
    Here in NY, anytime I try to do anything with DMV online, they will only take credit cards. No personal checks, which they will take if I mail it in or walk it in.

I don't like putting random stuff like that on my credit card. All the other bills I pay online just deduct from my checking acct. Just not DMV

On the plus side, they don't charge extra for snail mailing it or doing it online. That would irritate me more!
    Isn't a debit/check card the same as a credit card?

If I am thinking correctly, our DMV charges extra if you GO IN PERSON.

Our DMV charges extra for doing it online. It seems like they'd want you to do it online, I guess though it's extra to mail it to you? But they are always busy and long lines, so it seems to me that if they could do something (other than tell people not to wait until the end of the month!) to alleviate the lines they would try to do that. Also, I don't think we can use credit cards at all. I think it's checks or cash. Maybe debit cards now, although that would be new if so.

+ Reply to Thread