+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5671Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3556009;
    Can't or won't?
    Or maybe it is fear. Sometimes when people are comfortable in a situation they just stick with because it is "easy". Making a huge change like stepping out on your own takes a lot of effort and some people are really uncomfortable with change...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Interesting and valid point.

I remember that I couldn't wait to get away!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3558276;
    Interesting and valid point.

I remember that I couldn't wait to get away!
    Me either. But then something happened in my life where I had to move back in with my parents for a while. I was grateful they were there for me and I know they were happy to help and I didn't sponge either.

But there's all kinds of reasons why people don't leave or move back in and it's up to the individual family to make it work for them.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

A whole other slant on this same issue is the guy, 30-40 (closer to 40), only child, who never moved out of his parents' home (or even got his own phone) but went on to buy rental property (apartment building, at least 1). He said he loved his childhood so much that he wouldn't leave. That just seems so thoughtless to me. What if your parents want to run around the house naked and swing from the chandeliers, like they probably did years ago before they became encumbered with YOU?? I'm embarrassed for him. He just laughs! Geez....Normal up....
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

40 years ago today at approx. 9:30 a.m. EDT, The Apollo 11 mission took off for the moon. The JFK presidential library is doing a special webcast of the mission starting this morning. They have the original live audio and a recreation of the launch in animation. The entire mission will unfold in real time over the next few days.

Go to wechoosethemoon.org to see the launch, hear the astronauts and mission control and eventually see the moon landing on July 20.

I've always been a space geek and growing up in Florida, we could see the launches from our front yard. But I just can't believe that it's been 40 years. I thought this was a cool idea and wanted to share the site with others that might want to see it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Can't wait to visit the site!

Just had a client in yesterday. She's a teacher and is moving to Alaska to teach grades 9-12 in a small (300) town. I told her I was jealous. What a dream job!!

Interesting website myrosiedog. Thank You

I just got a delivery that was coming via FedEx. The guy pulls up in a Penske truck. I was expecting it, so that's not the problem; I just thought it was bizarre.

And I say we pocket some of this space crap money until times get better.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3577676;
    40 years ago today at approx. 9:30 a.m. EDT, The Apollo 11 mission took off for the moon. The JFK presidential library is doing a special webcast of the mission starting this morning. They have the original live audio and a recreation of the launch in animation. The entire mission will unfold in real time over the next few days.

Go to wechoosethemoon.org to see the launch, hear the astronauts and mission control and eventually see the moon landing on July 20.

I've always been a space geek and growing up in Florida, we could see the launches from our front yard. But I just can't believe that it's been 40 years. I thought this was a cool idea and wanted to share the site with others that might want to see it.
    Aerospace geek here too - my dad used to be at Cape Canaveral/Kennedy all through the 1960's - 1990's as he worked on booster rockets. I remember that he got us up early on the west coast for the viewing of the Apollo launch on television (not his project so he wasn't at that one). Thanks for the link.

Oh and by the way MRD and Gutmutter, I am going to pick up my new Costco glasses today. I hope I like the frames I got as much today as two weeks ago!

Interesting information for sure.
    A good friend of my son's was just hired as in intern at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. To some this isn't a huge deal - but for our small town in Michigan - it is a major deal. Andrew goes to Kettering University in Flint, Michigan - the automotive town. To think he has a shot at working in the aerospace field is AWESOME!

+ Reply to Thread