+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5656Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;3551319;
    Here's an interesting bit of trivia that happens in just a few hours: At 5 min 6 seconds after 4AM on July 8th time and date will be 04:05:06 07/08/09 this will never happen again.
    I just ran across an article talking about a baby that was born on
    12:34:56 7/8/09

Okla. Baby Born At 12:34:56 On 7/8/09 - Local News Story - KOCO Oklahoma City

Cute, but do they actually record births down to the second? Or was that just something they did in this special case?
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3554996;
    Cute, but do they actually record births down to the second? Or was that just something they did in this special case?
    Good question. I have no idea. Now that you mention it I don't remember getting seconds for my childrens' birth times, but I suppose it is possible that they were recorded and I just didn't care about that level of granularity! However, now I am envisioning someone standing by the doctor with a stopwatch to get the exact time the baby was "clear"!

Actually, they do record seconds, especially when it comes to specail event times like - New Year, Leap Year, Milennium, etc.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3554478;
    Sombebody tell me why a college educated guy between 30-40 doesn't want to move out of his parents' home. He has 2 brothers, with families, in other states. I'm pretty sure that he's never had a real girlfriend, or buddies that he hangs out with. If I call his mother and he answers the phone, it's hard to get him off the phone. Both parents are healthy and working, so he's not there to take care of them.
    I know of a person like this, he is educated, has a job, super person... but just can't manage money or his life on his own and moved back in with his parents. He goes to work and comes home, helps his parents around the house, takes care of things when they go out of town. They all seem happy.
    So, I don't know shay, I guess there are just people who can't make it by themselves.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Can't or won't?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

If they all appear happy, what's the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3548963;
    He sounds like my husband MRD. Once my hubby got a telemarketing call from someone trying to sell magazines. He told the guy that he never buys magazines because he can't read. The guy on the phone was absolutely speechless for about a minute and then said, well, you have a nice day, and he hung up!
    Reminds me of MrCoz. He was driving through a college campus, taking a short cut instead of the long way around that it would have been to take the "real" roads. There was a sign that read 'No Thru Way'. The campus so-called 'security' pulled him over, got out and started ranting at him. The security guy was yelling at him and said, "Can't you read? What does that sign say?" Needless to say it gave MrCoz an idea and he stuttered over the words and said "No t-t-trucks allowed?" The security guy felt bad and told him what it said and told him to not do it again!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3556054;
    If they all appear happy, what's the difference?

People have all kinds of living arrangements and if it works for them, then it works for them and it's no one else's business. Now, if the person in question didn't have a job, made mom do ALL the work, etc., that would be taking advantage, but it's still the parents decision and no one else's business.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I saw something on tv a couple of weeks ago about how families are living together more these days because of the economy. Kids moving in with their parents or parents moving in with their kids just to save money. Many years ago it was the norm to have grandma and grandpa live with their children, sort of like the Waltons. If the economy doesn't improve I can see this happening more and more.

My oldest son lives with us. He has the basement to himself which is somewhat like his own apartment but without a separate entrance. But he does pay rent and he does lawn work and fixes my car and computer when needed. He also takes care of our animals when we get the chance to go somewhere for the weekend. So far it's worked out good for all of us.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread