+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5846Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

A friend of mine used to welcome the religious people into his home with a beer in his hand and a torn "wife-beater" on. He'd offer them a beer and then proceed to talk like the nut that he looked like.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

THis is a true story, I swear! My parents were good friends with the Episcopal minister and his wife. She was a character and a half. When she was in her 70's, the Mormon's knocked on the door and she answered it. She asked them if they still believed in polygamy and they fell all over themselves saying NO! She told them that she wasn't interested then because her husband needed a wife to cook and clean and a wife to have fun with and she was sick and tired of cooking and cleaning. They just about fell over each other getting off her porch. And she used to tell this story at every party, wedding, funeral or other function we saw her at. She was a scream.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Well, if you guys are ever in NY, tell your hubby to bring along his rifle. I have some folk he can scare off.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3550481;
    THis is a true story, I swear! My parents were good friends with the Episcopal minister and his wife. She was a character and a half. When she was in her 70's, the Mormon's knocked on the door and she answered it. She asked them if they still believed in polygamy and they fell all over themselves saying NO! She told them that she wasn't interested then because her husband needed a wife to cook and clean and a wife to have fun with and she was sick and tired of cooking and cleaning. They just about fell over each other getting off her porch. And she used to tell this story at every party, wedding, funeral or other function we saw her at. She was a scream.
    ROFL
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Premium Member

Here's an interesting bit of trivia that happens in just a few hours: At 5 min 6 seconds after 4AM on July 8th time and date will be 04:05:06 07/08/09 – this will never happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;3551319;
    Here's an interesting bit of trivia that happens in just a few hours: At 5 min 6 seconds after 4AM on July 8th time and date will be 04:05:06 07/08/09 this will never happen again.
    Wow....How cool is that?

Here's an interesting bit of trivia that happens in just a few hours: At 5 min 6 seconds after 4AM on July 8th time and date will be 04:05:06 07/08/09 this will never happen again.
    Can you imagine someone giving birth at that time?!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

MRD

But next year in August, we'll have 05:06:07 08/09/10
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3548963;
    He sounds like my husband MRD. Once my hubby got a telemarketing call from someone trying to sell magazines. He told the guy that he never buys magazines because he can't read. The guy on the phone was absolutely speechless for about a minute and then said, well, you have a nice day, and he hung up!
    All of these stories about getting rid of solicitors have me

We had the people selling cleaning solution roaming our neighborhood yesterday. Fortunately for me they hit my street before I got home. However, the next time the come by I think I will just tell them I don't need it because I don't clean my house...

I have inadvertently found the solution to getting off the phone quickly with solicitors. Just tell them that you are unemployed and can't pay the bills you have. It seems to work with all of them.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread