+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6960Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Is there such a thing as a non-Tequila margarita? I'm not a tee-totaller (or however you spell it), but I've never developed a taste for Tequila. Other than that....Count Me In!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    Well the Pink Flamingo & Margarita club is about fun. Once or twice a year, we can do Relay for Life or the Breast Cancer walk (dressed in Flamingo gear with margaritas afterward), but the rest of the time we will be about fun! Silly, irreverant, sarcastic, and whatever else words you want to describe it: FUN!! We will listen to fun music and we will dance and wear outrageous clothes (certainly not ones suited to "our age") and make everyone around us jealous that they are not having as much fun as we are. No politics allowed, I save that for another organization I belong too. This is purely a wacky, fun club and no mandatory red hats either. You can wear what you want, but pink flamingos would be nice. NOTE: let me add that the Pink Flamingo & Margarita club does not discrimminate on the basis of age, gender, sexual orientation, race or anyother way the human race trys to pigeonhole people. It is strictly for anyone wanting to drink margaritas, tell jokes and have fun and be wild and crazy for a few hours. (kind of like college all over again! )
    I want to join too please! I want to have lots of fun. I've spent too much of my life being professional, proper, and perfectionistic and that's why I got sick. It's not me and never has been. It's just the way my family is.

I would like to suggest that we indulge in several drinks to celebrate our members:

The Pink Flamingo- Cointreau, Schnapps, peach ,Vodka, Cranberry Juice, in a highball glass

The Lamb-orghini2 = Irish Cream (Bailey's), Curacao, Kahlua, Sambuca

prhoshay: a SweetyPie: Southern Comfort, Ginger Ale

Kitty Nectar: Cherry Advocaat, Irish Cream (Bailey's), coconut Rum, 7-up
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    OK...so I'll bring the hats to the party.....

and I'll make up some margaritas too....

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

bbnbama: Wheeeee! Where did you find that hat! It's amazing!

I just checked out the Red Hat Society and they have many chapters here. But I'm too young to join. I'd have to be a Pink Hat Lady for awhile. I must say, they are almost too organized for my kinda fun.

For you bbnbama, an Alabama cocktail: Brandy, Curacao, Lime Juice, Sugar Syrup

Well, I'm dressed and ready to go! Attachment 18358
    Where's my drink? Where's the party? Where's my limo?

Where's my flamingo??
    Last edited by misskitty; 10-19-2006 at 10:23 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

My mom just joined the Red Hats in her area, they do seem to know how to have fun. They recently had a sock hop and they do a "talent show" that from what I heard is a no talent show but a scream to watch. Plus, a lot of meeting for lunch in different places.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Is there such a thing as a non-Tequila margarita? I'm not a tee-totaller (or however you spell it), but I've never developed a taste for Tequila. Other than that....Count Me In!!
    Bless your heart! Why don't I just make a big pitcher of sweet tea for the two of us? I don't do alcohol but I do lots and lots of tea. I do want to join the party, though.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    !
    Silly, irreverant, sarcastic, and whatever else words you want to describe it: FUN!! We will listen to fun music and we will dance and wear outrageous clothes (certainly not ones suited to "our age") and make everyone around us jealous that they are not having as much fun as we are. No politics allowed, I save that for another organization I belong too.
    This is purely a wacky, fun club and no mandatory red hats either. You can wear what you want, but pink flamingos would be nice.

NOTE: let me add that the Pink Flamingo & Margarita club does not discrimminate on the basis of age, gender, sexual orientation, race or anyother way the human race trys to pigeonhole people. It is strictly for anyone wanting to drink margaritas, tell jokes and have fun and be wild and crazy for a few hours. (kind of like college all over again! )
    Sign ME up for a Charter Membership, too, myrosiedog!!! And when we do those Jello Shots, I've got the perfect shot glass!

And some napkins to wipe our dainty lips!
    Last edited by Mantenna; 10-16-2006 at 04:33 PM. Reason: hotlinked pictures
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

I'm feeling left out Is there a men's auxillary that I can join?
    Last edited by Newfherder; 10-15-2006 at 12:45 AM.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD
    Aw Newf, I said in an earlier post we won't exclude anyone, so you are welcome to join, that's the difference in this club. Male, female, young, old, doesn't matter, we open to anyone for membership.

You can be our "Sweetheart"

Photoshay,Yes, there are Virgin Margaritas, my daughter loves them.

You guys are READY and RARING to go! Look at the hats and glasses and napkins and everything and Miss Kitty is already dressed and waiting on us.
    Let's do it then!

Uh, did I mention the tattoo?

I have a pink flamingo tattoo and think that in order to be eligible for membership you all have to get one too!

Miss Kitty, all those drinks sound good, where did you find them all?

I have to confess that I don't drink a lot of different things. I stick pretty much with Margaritas, tequila shots occasionally (tequilla is the only thing I can drink that doesn't get me s***faced. I handle tequila better than anything else, which is usually the opposite for everyone else) I drink beer occasionally (1 beer and I'm buzzed. I'm a cheap date on beer! ) and I drink white wine. I just cannot do all those other drinks or alcohols. Am not into the martini craze, hate cosmopolitans and anything overly sweet.

But I do love my Margaritas.

OK, so the club is now in session. Everyone grab a drink and go have fun, do something silly, wear something tropical and find something with a pink flamingo on it as that is required for membership!

I think that the red hat chapters vary. Some are fun, some are not, some are charity minded, some not. Just like anything else, depends on who is running that particular chapter and what the members as a whole want to do. We were approached about joining the American Legion here. We had been members in Florida. The chapter in Florida did a wing dinner night every week, had a bar with inexpensive drinks, did card and game nights, helped with charities and did a lot of fun stuff, the ladies also did charity work and fun stuff too, took day trips, etc. The one here, they don't allow drinking, smoking or profanity, no card playing and the only charity they support is their museum. We declined. Sounded stuffy.

Look around and if you don't find what you want, then start it yourself!
    Anyone ever been to www.meetup.com? It's a great way to find groups in your area that have the same interests as you and that get together. They have about a million different kinds of groups. I found local scrapbookers that way.

Anyway, the first meeting of the Pink Flamingo and Margarita club has now been called to order. Go out and have fun! That is our only bylaw! Oh and better yet, no dues!!!!
    Last edited by Mariner; 10-15-2006 at 04:25 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    Uh, did I mention the tattoo?

I have a pink flamingo tattoo and think that in order to be eligible for membership you all have to get one too!
    The tattoo is NO problem for me, myrosiedog, but finding a place that isn't already tattooed IS!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    OK, so the club is now in session. Everyone grab a drink and go have fun, do something silly, wear something tropical and find something with a pink flamingo on it as that is required for membership!
    Well, I've got MY outfit all ready! Say, does this pink flamingo on my arse make my arse look BIGGER?!
    Last edited by Mantenna; 10-16-2006 at 04:32 PM. Reason: hotlinked pictures
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

+ Reply to Thread