+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6190Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

My husband and I don't text, but we have the capability on our phones. So one Sat., he gets a text message saying:

"I got it. Come on over"

We looked at it, speculated on just what it was that they got and laughed. It was about 10 pm on a Sat. night. We didn't respond.
    About 45 min. goes by and the phone rings. Hubby answer it and they launch in on why didn't you text me back and where are you we've been waiting? He replys that they had a wrong number and their text also went to a wrong number and that he was an off duty cop. They couldn't hang up fast enough. He's not an off duty cop, he was playing around. But guessing that it might have ruined their Sat. night a little bit.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3548555;
    My husband and I don't text, but we have the capability on our phones. So one Sat., he gets a text message saying:

"I got it. Come on over"

We looked at it, speculated on just what it was that they got and laughed. It was about 10 pm on a Sat. night. We didn't respond.
    About 45 min. goes by and the phone rings. Hubby answer it and they launch in on why didn't you text me back and where are you we've been waiting? He replys that they had a wrong number and their text also went to a wrong number and that he was an off duty cop. They couldn't hang up fast enough. He's not an off duty cop, he was playing around. But guessing that it might have ruined their Sat. night a little bit.
    You have me at that MRD! That is just too funny!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

MRD

A couple months ago, he kept getting wrong numbers for someone named Jenny and the callers didn't believe him when he said it was a wrong number.
    So he told them to try: 867-5309

I"m never that quick with the comebacks.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3548640;
    A couple months ago, he kept getting wrong numbers for someone named Jenny and the callers didn't believe him when he said it was a wrong number.
    So he told them to try: 867-5309

I"m never that quick with the comebacks.
    AWESOME! Your husband sounds like a gem.

MRD- do you think I could borrow your husband to get rid of my telemarketers? and maybe even those darn republican/democrat people who call during election times?

He sounds like my husband MRD. Once my hubby got a telemarketing call from someone trying to sell magazines. He told the guy that he never buys magazines because he can't read. The guy on the phone was absolutely speechless for about a minute and then said, well, you have a nice day, and he hung up!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

MRD

He got rid of the door to door religious people by carrying his pistol when he answered the door. It was sort of by accident. He had been at the gun range and when he got home was cleaning it when the doorbell rang. He didn't put it down to answer the door. The religious people looked at him, looked at the gun and took off and we never got bothered again in that house.

He is always quick with the one liners. Me, takes me about 2 hours and then I can come up with something. WAY too late. The Jenny thing was just hysterical. I mean, what were the odds of getting multiple wrong numbers for "Jenny"???

Well, now I have that song stuck in my head.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3549612;
    He got rid of the door to door religious people by carrying his pistol when he answered the door. It was sort of by accident. He had been at the gun range and when he got home was cleaning it when the doorbell rang. He didn't put it down to answer the door. The religious people looked at him, looked at the gun and took off and we never got bothered again in that house.

He is always quick with the one liners. Me, takes me about 2 hours and then I can come up with something. WAY too late. The Jenny thing was just hysterical. I mean, what were the odds of getting multiple wrong numbers for "Jenny"???
    Haha, when I was about 14 or 15 a couple of Mormon guys came to the door and I actually invited them in because one was cute (darn teen girl hormones). My mom was PISSED at me! (not because of the door to door religious thing, but for letting strangers into the house when no parents were home).

[QUOTE=myrosiedog;3549612;]He got rid of the door to door religious people by carrying his pistol when he answered the door. It was sort of by accident.... QUOTE]

ROFL Only in the USA would that happen....by accident!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread