+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6383Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3543816;
    OK, I want to know which one of you bought the Cheeto on ebay that predicted Michael Jackson's death? Fess up, I know it was someone.
    (and I thought the grilled cheese sandwich with the image of the Virgin Mary was ridiculous)
    Must have been Gabriel.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Shhh! Don't say cheeto - Joeys around here. Grilled cheese? I will never know if I will ever be able to eat another whole one...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'll take the other half!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Ok everyone. I need some advice.

I've reconnected with a girlfriend from high school..(call her Sally) she was a year older than me and they are having their 30 yr. reunion very soon. My brother is on the planning committee but didn't actually graduate with his class because he was in reform school (I think that is what they called it) BECAUSE he robbed Sally's grandparents grocery store. He was really enjoying the whole reunion planning process but Sally asked him why he wasn't in yearbook? He told her he got his GED...didn't mention the other stuff.

Now my brother tells me he is thinking about dropping out of the committee because Sally might ask more questions, or figure out that he robbed her grandparents store all those years ago. This puts me in a awkward position, because Sally would ask me why brother dropped out. I don't want to lie to her. I think he just needs to tell her all of it and move on. So what would you do in this situation if you were my brother? He is ashamed and embaressed about it all.. and what would you do if you were me?
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quite the dilemma......Well, this IS his story to tell. If you are definitely a friend of Sally's and will be connecting with her which, like you say, is bound to lead to questions...if you value her friendship, you could talk to your brother and tell him what the deal is. I guess you could always give him a deadline for making the revelation, telling him that if he doesn't do it by a certain time, that you will, for the sake of your friendship. Sorry to hear about his bad decisions, but coming clean would probably be a good way for him to move on? Sounds like he's got something "stuck in his craw" that he needs to get out. Heck...she may already know it, and was trying to give him a chance to say something. I'm sure other people know and have been talking.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

'shay's advice is good IF you're sure you want to reconnect with "Sally". How good of friends were you if she didn't know your brother was the one who robbed their store? I've reconnected with friends from long ago several times and it usually turns out to be a brief, casual thing that doesn't follow through. So ask yourself how important it is to your brother to fly under the radar on this. I'm guessing a good relationship with your brother is more important than a maybe reconnect with "Sally".
    Count your blessings!

Personally, I'd let my brother make the call on that one and I wouldn't give an explanation to Sally. It's unfortunate that he wants to leave the reunion committee for fear of exposing something that happened when he was a kid 30 years ago.

MRD

It was 30 years ago. Apparantly your brother paid for his mistake. I say the best thing to say is nothing. I'd tell your brother to just say he got his GED because he got into a spot of teenage trouble 30 years ago and leave it at that IF anyone asks. Anyone that keeps asking questions after that is rude. If Sally asks you, you can say the same thing. There is no need to give out details on a 30 year old crime where the person served their time. Other people may know about it, but they should also keep their mouths shut and if they don't, then tell your brother not to be embarrassed, but to hold his head up, it's ancient history. No one is the same person they were 30 years ago as a teenager. Just bringing it up with all details is going to just cause hurt feelings all the way around.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Sally and I were good friends in HS. We reconnected when we realized we have kids in the same school. Been hanging out quite a lot here lately.

I really don't know if Sally knows or not. I'm thinking she doesn't. But if she mentions to her parents (very close to them) that she is hanging out with the Jones' kids then they will know instantly who we are.

So this is what I did. I told my brother that he should talk to Sally about it and get it in the open. If he choose not too, he is putting me in a bad spot. I will abide by his decision BUT if Sally asks me I don't think I could lie to her. KWIM?
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

MRD

Well hopefully so much time has passed that it will be water under the bridge.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread