+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6518Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3534597;
    How do you know what your prescription is if you want to order online? I got Vera Wang glasses 2 years ago and the finish is flaking off. I complained to my eye doctor and I complained on the Vera Wang website to no avail. So I look like I have the mange. I tried using fingernail polish to go over it, but that didn't really work. I looked at glasses in the doctor's office, but they are so expensive and I'm too mad to give them repeat business when I don't need a new prescription. My old glasses lasted a decade or more. They were big blue plastic frames (think Sarah-Jessica Raphael). I wear contacts most of the time, but for reading I switch to glasses and slide them down my nose.
    Like myrosiedog, I have been going through a change in my glasses. I am trying soft contact lenses after wearing hard or gas permeable lenses for 40 years as the reading glasses I now need to see close up were driving me crazy when I tried to teach classes using a computer and read text in a book and also try to make eye contact with my students all at the same time - or nearly so! It was making me dizzy. So the plan is to get progressive lenses glasses for work and then wear the soft contacts whenever I feel like it.

I don't have the glasses yet, but finally have a prescription. I plan to get them at Costco, but I have looked into possibly getting some online as there are some very reasonable options out there. The lenses used at some of these places might not be as good, but for a spare pair?

By law, your eye doctor is supposed to give you your prescription if you request it. But if it is over a year or two old, you may not be able to get a prescription filled at an optical store. Online, it seems that you could write yourself any old prescription by what I have seen online??

MRD

I got the scratch resistant stuff too and it's also supposed to cut down on glare. By the time I got the progressives, plastic lenses, scratch resistant coating, I had spent close to $200 out of pocket. But my frames were paid by my insurance. So that's how much extra the "special" lenses cost me. I wanted transition lenses too, but I figured that after paying out $180 already, I should just stop at what I had. I'll get some of those giant "geezer glasses" that fit over your regular glasses for sunwear for now (which will look OH so attractive ). From what I understand about online ordering is that you can scan or fax your Rx and send it to the company so they know your Rx. It's what my optometrist (sp?) does, they don't maket he lenses in house.

I don't have them yet. 5-7 business days is what they told me. I'll post a picture of me when I get them.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Gutmutter and Cootie, in my state your Rx is good for 2 years. Your eye doctor has to give it to you if you request it.

For ordering online-you copy what your Rx says and they check with your doctor to make sure the prescription is current. They also tell you how to measure your face in order to get lenses that work for you.

My last pair of prescription sunglasses cost me $39 online and that was with my then crappy vision insurance..
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3535122;
    I'll get some of those giant "geezer glasses" that fit over your regular glasses for sunwear for now (which will look OH so attractive ).
    I actually know a woman at work who got some of those the other day and they weren't nearly as big as I expected they would be. They really didn't look too bad!

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3535123;
    Gutmutter and Cootie, in my state your Rx is good for 2 years. Your eye doctor has to give it to you if you request it.

For ordering online-you copy what your Rx says and they check with your doctor to make sure the prescription is current. They also tell you how to measure your face in order to get lenses that work for you.

My last pair of prescription sunglasses cost me $39 online and that was with my then crappy vision insurance..
    I'm curious. What do you do if you need to get the glasses adjusted?
    I've worn glasses most of my life and each and every pair required fittings / adjustments afterwards, even though they'd taken painstaking measurements first.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3535423;
    I'm curious. What do you do if you need to get the glasses adjusted? I've worn glasses most of my life and each and every pair required fittings / adjustments afterwards, even though they'd taken painstaking measurements first.
    Glasses whether plastic or metal or both react to changes of the body, such as heat, cold etc., also weather. metal and plastic expands and contracts and over time can become out of whack. I just take my glasses into where I buy them and Dave adjusts them for me and I am on my merry way..

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3534931;
    Now I'm going to have that Weezer song stuck in my head for the rest of the day....
    Ooooweeeoooo I look just like Buddy Holly
    Oh oh and you're Mary Tyler Moore...

I don't care what they say about us anyway,
    I don't care about that

Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3535575;
    Glasses whether plastic or metal or both react to changes of the body, such as heat, cold etc., also weather. metal and plastic expands and contracts and over time can become out of whack. I just take my glasses into where I buy them and Dave adjusts them for me and I am on my merry way..
    Yes and I do the same. My question was to Living who buys them online.
    How do you get them adjusted?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Spent some time this morning on the phone paying medical bills incurred from an ER visit. Even with insurance....WOW . I am extremely fortunate to have insurance, but I can't imagine people who have to go to the ER and don't have insurance. Good grief.........
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3535688;
    Yes and I do the same. My question was to Living who buys them online.
    How do you get them adjusted?
    you mail them back....

+ Reply to Thread