+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5671Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Well, at least you don't look like Buddy Holly.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

MRD, I think you'll like the progressives once you get used to them. They do take awhile though, so be very careful going downstairs until you get past the "floating floor" syndrome. I've had progressives for a few years now and don't have any problems other than the usual pain in the butt that eyeglasses are, like ALWAYS being dirty. What's up with that?

I've finally got my computer back after a couple of days. My youngest son downloaded a game from a questionable site, (his fault) and we picked up a virus because my virus protection was out of date, (my fault). But my oldest son came to the rescue and got everything up and working again and installed a new anti virus program that he uses on his PC. I'm going to keep virus protection on here from now on. I don't want to go through that again.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

MRD

I had planned to buy some sunglasses online as I know they are cheaper, but with this being my first real pair and it being a "tricky" perscription, I decided to go with the dr. office. My insurance paid quite a bit, so my out of pocket expense wasn't TOO bad. My frames were only $35, it was the lenses that were so expensive. But I did opt for polycarbonate lenses so they wouldn't be as thick as coke bottles. That was kind of expensive and I had to pay for that out of pocket.

Hey, I loved Buddy Holly's look! Not for me of course, but it worked for him.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I got the transitional lenses as well as the progressives. We don't get as much sun as you do though , but I like them. The only problem I have with progressives is if I switch between them and contact lens. Yeah, then I have to watch my step for about an hour. The mind is a wonderful thing though and your brain adjusts quickly.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I bet you look wonderful. How are the pups w/your new glasses-do they know you yet? My Katie used to take a while to get used to my new look when I'd change glasses.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My kitty used to cast a suspicious eye everytime I got my hair done. Hilarious! I'd pick her up, and she'd actually push back from me to get an obvious look at my hair! And then she'd be OK.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm old-school with my glasses. I went with glass lenses; plastic scratches too easily. With my face continually jammed against surveying instruments, plastic lenses would be translucent from the scratches in a matter of days. Once when I opted for glass lenses, I had to sign a waiver indicating that I knew glass weighs more than plastic I weighed the glasses on a digital scale--they topped out at a hefty 2.5 ounces
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The scratch-proofing is well worth the investment, and they replace the lenses at no charge if the scratch-proofing fails; at least they did when I wore glasses. My lenses, too, were too heavy in glass and the pain was not worth it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

How do you know what your prescription is if you want to order online? I got Vera Wang glasses 2 years ago and the finish is flaking off. I complained to my eye doctor and I complained on the Vera Wang website to no avail. So I look like I have the mange. I tried using fingernail polish to go over it, but that didn't really work. I looked at glasses in the doctor's office, but they are so expensive and I'm too mad to give them repeat business when I don't need a new prescription. My old glasses lasted a decade or more. They were big blue plastic frames (think Sarah-Jessica Raphael). I wear contacts most of the time, but for reading I switch to glasses and slide them down my nose.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3533565;
    Well, at least you don't look like Buddy Holly.
    Now I'm going to have that Weezer song stuck in my head for the rest of the day....
    Ooooweeeoooo I look just like Buddy Holly
    Oh oh and you're Mary Tyler Moore...

+ Reply to Thread