+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6937Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3532810;
    Did you pick out frames yet, MRD? Be sure to get real cool ones! Be wild like Elton John!!
    I think she should get this pair of Sir Elton John specs, personally I like the windshield wiper idea
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3532751;
    HA! I have you beat. I was BORN with a little pair of spectacles on.

I've had the regular bifocal for a year now and I have gotten used to them.
    My nephew, too. He needed glasses when he was still a toddler. We all thought it was so cute then. He didn't, though.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I got my first glasses in 4th grade. I hated the idea of getting them, but it sure was nice to be able to see
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3532810;
    Did you pick out frames yet, MRD? Be sure to get real cool ones! Be wild like Elton John!!
    Well I picked out ones I really liked and that looked nice on me and then the woman helping me told me they looked like Sarah Palin's glasses. After I had quit screaming and had flung them away from me like they were hot lava, I thought about it and decided that they are not Sarah Palin glasses, they are Myrosiedog glasses and she copied ME.

Seriously, they do look similar to hers, but I didn't want big frames, I liked the sort of no frame, frames.

I would LOVE to go all Elton John with my glasses, however, I have to look professional some of the time and I couldn't afford 2 pair. Maybe when I can afford another pair, I will get outrageous ones.

And if it keeps raining like it has for the past 8 months, maybe I will need glasses with the windshield wipers Gabriel.

I can't wait to really see and not have to constantly look for my reading glasses.

You know, this having a job thing really bites at times. Can't get an ankle tattoo, can't get outrageous glasses. Not that my job gives me any restrictions, but one day I will be out of college and looking for a job and I don't want to jeopardize my chances by letting them see the outrageous all at once.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3532964;
    Well I picked out ones I really liked and that looked nice on me and then the woman helping me told me they looked like Sarah Palin's glasses. After I had quit screaming and had flung them away from me like they were hot lava, I thought about it and decided that they are not Sarah Palin glasses, they are Myrosiedog glasses and she copied ME.

Seriously, they do look similar to hers, but I didn't want big frames, I liked the sort of no frame, frames.

I would LOVE to go all Elton John with my glasses, however, I have to look professional some of the time and I couldn't afford 2 pair. Maybe when I can afford another pair, I will get outrageous ones.

And if it keeps raining like it has for the past 8 months, maybe I will need glasses with the windshield wipers Gabriel.

I can't wait to really see and not have to constantly look for my reading glasses.
    You could glue a couple of rhinestones on the sides and kill two birds with one stone! Elton John + something Sarah Palin would NEVER do!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3532971;
    You could glue a couple of rhinestones on the sides and kill two birds with one stone! Elton John + something Sarah Palin would NEVER do!
    I could get a rhinestone monogram on the lower part of the glasses. Remember that trend from the 80's???
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

That would be bodacious! (sorry, my 80's slang dosnt come with spell check).

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Hey, Cali! The word 'bodacious' dates back to about 1832!!! Thought to be a combination of the words 'bold' and 'audacious'!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I just want to say really quick that I highly recommend buying eyeglasses online. Of course I can't vouch for those Rx that are trickier such as MRD's. But I have horrid eyesight and my last 2 pairs cost me under a $100 for both, came in a week and are stylish. So check out online, there is a huge markup on glasses bought in dr.offices/malls etc.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3532990;
    Hey, Cali! The word 'bodacious' dates back to about 1832!!! Thought to be a combination of the words 'bold' and 'audacious'!
    Hey Shay!

I did not know that! Wow... I can just hear Jane Austen saying 'Bodacious, Gove'na!"

+ Reply to Thread