+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6756Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Rattus, we have so many birds. I love hearing them sing. I'm right in the middle of the city, but I can see the mountains in the distance and my neighborhood is quiet and the birds sing all the time. As long as the drunk neighbor stays inside, it's actually quite nice.

WOO Boy, did our Gov. really cause a big stink. We are ALL over the news and every single comedy show. Who would have thought that S. Carolina would be THE topic of the entire country.

That press conference was painful. It will be taught to all future politicians as what NOT to do when confessing. I watched the whole thing and it took him 8 minutes to get to the point, which by then, we'd all figured out anyway.

I even changed my siggy line because of him.

Thank you Mark Sanford, I've now lived in two states with big political scandals.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I love your sig. line MRD! Very nice.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Last night we had a round of tornados go trough the area. Here are a couple of pictures taken from our back porch last night of one forming. (of course, when a tornado is forming in your backyard, run for the basement... do not take pictures of the thing unless you are nuts.)

Wow, those are some scary pictures CaliLily. Hopefully you didn't have any damage to your property and no one was hurt?
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

No, we didn't get any damage. As far as I know none of the neighbors do either. I don't know if this one ever actually touched down but if it did it wasn't for long.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What neat pictures, Cali! I doubt that I would have had the nerve or the wherewithal to take them. Glad you and yours are OK.

Must, must, must get myself a camera.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3525049;
    . . . WOO Boy, did our Gov. really cause a big stink. We are ALL over the news and every single comedy show. Who would have thought that S. Carolina would be THE topic of the entire country. . .
    He was also the topic chosen by my French EFL student for homework (oral report about a current news story) today!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3526604;
    He was also the topic chosen by my French EFL student for homework (oral report about a current news story) today!
    How interesting. I'd love to hear the report. What did they think of it? I know the French have a totally different outlook on things like this.

Calilily, glad things are ok. We've had some bad storms recently and tornados are not unheard of here, which is one of the reasons that it was irresponsible of our governor to disappear for 5 days. What if something happened? Yes, we have a Lt. Gov., but from what I understand without the Gov., leaving him in charge, there would have been some procedures for the Lt. Gov. to go through before he could have declared a disaster area, ordered out the national guard, etc. THAT'S why most people are upset about this. Not so much the affair, but how he left the state sort of to fend for itself. Thankfully nothing bad happened in his absence, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3528275;
    How interesting. I'd love to hear the report. What did they think of it? I know the French have a totally different outlook on things like this.

Calilily, glad things are ok. We've had some bad storms recently and tornados are not unheard of here, which is one of the reasons that it was irresponsible of our governor to disappear for 5 days. What if something happened? Yes, we have a Lt. Gov., but from what I understand without the Gov., leaving him in charge, there would have been some procedures for the Lt. Gov. to go through before he could have declared a disaster area, ordered out the national guard, etc. THAT'S why most people are upset about this. Not so much the affair, but how he left the state sort of to fend for itself. Thankfully nothing bad happened in his absence, but still.
    The weather here has just been crazy lately. It has been storm/flood/random tornado/sunny/storm/repeat lately here. We are supposed to get some nasty ones again tonight :S

I'm sorry to hear about everything going on with your gov. It is hard enough to trust politicians these days, but after one treats the people who have put him in office with such disrespect and negligence It is down right nauseating. Hopefully things will get better soon for SC. Any word on if he is going to step down or be kicked out? (sorry if it is all over the news, I don't have cable so I'm behind on my current events).

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3528323;
    The weather here has just been crazy lately. It has been storm/flood/random tornado/sunny/storm/repeat lately here. We are supposed to get some nasty ones again tonight :S

I'm sorry to hear about everything going on with your gov. It is hard enough to trust politicians these days, but after one treats the people who have put him in office with such disrespect and negligence It is down right nauseating. Hopefully things will get better soon for SC. Any word on if he is going to step down or be kicked out? (sorry if it is all over the news, I don't have cable so I'm behind on my current events).
    I think he'll end up resigning. NO one from his party wants him to stay and us in the minority party don't want him either, but we also don't want the Lt. Gov. It's a mess, but who knows exactly what's happening as he's been shoved out of the spotlight by MJ's death. Oh, we did get news that he's rediscovering his faith and is spouting off biblical quotes, but the wife has issued a few statements that sound like he is headed to divorce court.
    Quite frankly I don't think the people of SC really want him to stick around. He's been unpopular for a long time. This kind of sealed it and with this being a very religious state, what he's done hasn't endeared him to the Christian conservative base.

Hope your weather gets better. We were complaining about all the rain and storms and now I wish it would rain and cool things off. It's hot and I swear work is trying to kill me because it was so hot in there today that I thought I would melt into a sweaty puddle on the floor.

+ Reply to Thread