+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6577Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

The only problem we have is that the local teenagers like to use our road for their "road trips" because it's pretty secluded out here. But when I go on my walk on Mondays, I pick up all the empty beer cans and can redeem them for a nickle a piece so I not only get some exercise, I make a little cash on the side.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Funny. I live in the centre of Canada's largest city, and when I'm sitting in my backyard I hear birds singing, a tinkling windchime and, once in a very long while, the faint sound of a saxophone being played by the neighbour's boy easing through the sultry air. Who knew the city was so much more peaceful than the country .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Myrosie, What in tarnation is going on with your governor?!

We have teenagers riding four wheelers up and down the road on the weekends and they are loud and proud. They aren't supposed to do it but nobody complains. Now once in a while they do something stupid such as have a child with them, with no helmet. Then it becomes an issue.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm willing to bet that ol' gov crept off to meet somebody...male or female. If it was an innocent trip, why would he lie about it?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Teenagers suck. I mainly ignore them when they crowd the library computers with their precious social networking pages. Same thing, different day.

We finally had someone come and patch up the ceiling after spending over 2 years with hole staring down at us. Thanks to some crappy neighbors, we sustained water damage. But it wasn't the only spot. I think i mentioned 2 years ago that that we had bathroom waste trickling down from the ceiling in the living room. Nice, huh?

Anyway, what is the worst damage that you've ever had in your home?
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Crappy neighbors or crappy landlord? Why would he let it stay there for 2 years?

Well, now ol' gov has admitted to creeping off having an affair with a woman. I'm sure there is more to this story than he is now admitting. He's going to admit as little as possible. This man needs to step down. How can he disappear, leave the country, and leave no one else in charge? Like I said...there's more to this than he is telling..... She's a "very, very dear friend whom he's known for 8 years, but they only got involved within the last couple of years." Yeah, right.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 06-24-2009 at 06:02 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Combination of both, crappy neighbors(this is not the first or second time the nieghbors have compromised the ceiling) and apathetic landlord.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;3521805;
    We moved out of the city to get away, and to enjoy the peace and quite and for the most part it is quite.... until Dove season and then our neighbors have a big Dove hunt every year and there are people everywhere with guns blasting. They have no respect for the rest of us and will climb fences and ride their ATV's through non fenced land. Last year, we were at our pool relaxing and all at once blam, blam and bird shot rained down on our heads.
    Mr. Ing asked them to shoot over their own land and this year he said he was going to get his gun and shoot back ( he really won't do that) Hatfields and McCoys
    But the funny part of this story is... 2 days later I was walking and found a bird that had been shot in the wing, I bundled the bird up and took it to a wildlife rehabilitator to see if they could save its wing. She looked at the bird and ask "Where did you find it?" our neighbors had a dove hunt ... " This isn't a Dove, this is a Pigeon ". So instead of having a Dove hunt they had a Pigeon Hunt.
    The Pigeon was able to be saved and would be use in their educational programs.
    We do enjoy their big fireworks display at the 4th of July, until they get drunk and have a bottle rocket war. They shoot bottle rockets at each other and since they aren't shooting in the air the rockets fly straight and end up everywhere.

So, I guess there is just going to be noise, in town or out with the rednecks.
    Post no tresspassing signs to keep the dove hunters out. I've had friends who lived in the country and did the same thing. They posted the signs and informed the hunters and called the Sherrif's dept.
    Where we live now is very quiet and even the bothersome drunk neighbor has been behaving. I haven't seen him in over 2 weeks. I'm guessing he finally got the message as he hasn't been back over here. There are no children on our street, only older adults and retired people and us. My 18 year old daughter is the youngest person on the street. It's a dead end too, so hardly any traffic.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;3521805;
    We moved out of the city to get away, and to enjoy the peace and quite and for the most part it is quite.... until Dove season and then our neighbors have a big Dove hunt every year and there are people everywhere with guns blasting.
    Having been born and raised in Tennessee I know how big dove season is. I've never been a hunter. BTW what part of TN do you live. I'm from Nashville, a sister lives in Dickson and a brother in Cookeville.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3524498;
    Having been born and raised in Tennessee I know how big dove season is. I've never been a hunter. BTW what part of TN do you live. I'm from Nashville, a sister lives in Dickson and a brother in Cookeville.
    When I first moved here, I lived in Nashville. Our home farm is in Lebanon, but we also have farms in Lawrenceburg (Amish Country) and are down there quite a bit. I love living in Tennessee.

+ Reply to Thread