+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6758Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3516630;
    And I know where you are from, so you have mine too--I wish I was rich enough to spend my summers 'up there'.
    We only have three weeks left until we leave for our trip "up there" (), so we will be getting some much needed relief from the humidity!! I'm counting the days. I just hope we don't end up with ridiculous amounts of rain like we did on our last trip home!!

ETA: We may not be able to afford it ourselves once my in-laws move South. Hotel rooms to accommodate my entire family would be painfully expensive!!
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 06-23-2009 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3518874;
    Isn't it amazing what you learn about environments that you move into AFTER you've already committed? I know soooo much about what I won't accept in another residence after buying my house. I always find myself wondering, "What was I thinking??"
    My husband I and sometimes drive through a neighboring community and there is a large residential section of this town where periodically you can smell the very strong aroma of the nearby sewage treatment plant!! I have often wondered if the residents happened to tour their house on a day when the smell was absent because I cannot imagine buying a home where I would have to frequently deal with that nauseating smell!!

MRD

In Sarasota, the dump had been in the same place for years and years and years. Far out of town. Well, they ended up putting a very high end development RIGHT NEXT DOOR to it. But the sales people brought everyone to it from the other direction so they didn't have to go past the dump. Then of course, once summer really hits in Florida, the smell was overpowering and all the new residents wanted the county to move the dump. They didn't like all the seagulls that were there either that used the dump as their buffett. Then the wells these people had, started showing contamination and it was a big stink (no pun intended. ).
    But I've always wondered about people like that and those that buy next to the airport and then complain about the noise.

I've always said that when you build a house, you should then make plans to build again in another 2 years so you can correct everything that you don't like about the house you just built.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3519021;
    The bachelorette people are taking over the board. I really get angry when I try to post while the show is on and I can't because 1500 rabid fans descend on FORT at that time. PLUS almost every single post alludes to the winner (already determined by the sleuths) and it PISSES me off because I want to be surprised!

end rant, now to get that boy out of BED at the crack of 11AM!
    I don't even go to that show's thread at all anymore. I tried, for the Bachelor, just reading the show's thread for that particular night. People think they are being sneaky with allusions but it's always obvious to me. I knew about Melissa and Molly way early in the season, as well as allusions to the possible big news about the break-up and all I ever read was the thread of the individual show nights, not even people threads which are way worse. I want to be surprised. I thought perhaps reading just the show night threads and tehn only to the point of where the show ended I'd hopefully be safe, but that's not the case, so for the bachlorette I've stayed away completely. It's irritating to say the least.

For other shows that I don't want to read spoilers I just don't go in the spoiler threads and that works just fine. I don't know what it is about the bachelor/ette that they can't manage not to spoil things. It seems to be unique to that show. I wish I could keep up with the show because I like to participate a little but that show is impossible to do without being spoiled.

I used to read all the spoilers for every show but found it decreased my enjoyment of the shows so now I stay away from them. I don't read the backs of books, or jacket covers either since very often on those they spoil authors' twists. Guess I like surprises! The only show I get spoilers on is Big Brother and that's two-fold. It's a show that's pretty much happening in literal time, and since we get to see the background of the show as it happens getting spoilers creates a more accurate picture of what's actually happening in the house.

I wish something could be done, but I've given up on the bachelor/ette threads for the time being.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You know how it is....some people can't stand to know something and then tell it all! I've got family members like that! Why they liked to ruin things for others is beyond me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My English teacher in HS refused to watch a movie unless she watched the ending first. She couldn't go to movie theaters or anything because it would just kill her to watch it without knowing how it would end. I never understood that because the suspence is half the fun!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've always thought that to be a sign of immaturity. Zero patience, like kids.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3519021;
    The bachelorette people are taking over the board. I really get angry when I try to post while the show is on and I can't because 1500 rabid fans descend on FORT at that time. PLUS almost every single post alludes to the winner (already determined by the sleuths) and it PISSES me off because I want to be surprised!

end rant, now to get that boy out of BED at the crack of 11AM!
    I used to love the sleuthing threads, as well as the show threads, but they've gotten so unwieldy (and frequently disintegrate into fandom arguments) that it's hard to keep up with, and so I've stopped altogether. Moderating that forum must be a full time job.

Of course, when I wanted to come on and read the Klatch last night and couldn't get on, I got annoyed all over again! It was last night right? I swear, it feels like three months ago.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3519000;
    The thing is, you can know everything there is to know about a property, but things can change. When we moved into our last house, the neighbours had, I think, three kids. Subsequently she was pregnant every single year. By the time I finally talked Mr. Rattus into buying another house and moving whether he liked it or not, there were a minimum of 15 kids living next door, plus that noise-making bane of sanity, a basketball net. Thump thump thump, screech, wail, moooommmmmmy, thump, thump, thump.
    THat is the worst. I'm all about kids playing outside, being active, having fun, but that thumping gets annoying. Our last house, our bedroom was next to their driveway where the basketball hoop was. Forget about napping in the afternoons. Thump, thump, thump and twannngggg when it hits the backboard.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3521630;
    THat is the worst. I'm all about kids playing outside, being active, having fun, but that thumping gets annoying. Our last house, our bedroom was next to their driveway where the basketball hoop was. Forget about napping in the afternoons. Thump, thump, thump and twannngggg when it hits the backboard.
    We moved out of the city to get away, and to enjoy the peace and quite and for the most part it is quite.... until Dove season and then our neighbors have a big Dove hunt every year and there are people everywhere with guns blasting. They have no respect for the rest of us and will climb fences and ride their ATV's through non fenced land. Last year, we were at our pool relaxing and all at once blam, blam and bird shot rained down on our heads.
    Mr. Ing asked them to shoot over their own land and this year he said he was going to get his gun and shoot back ( he really won't do that) Hatfields and McCoys
    But the funny part of this story is... 2 days later I was walking and found a bird that had been shot in the wing, I bundled the bird up and took it to a wildlife rehabilitator to see if they could save its wing. She looked at the bird and ask "Where did you find it?" our neighbors had a dove hunt ... " This isn't a Dove, this is a Pigeon ". So instead of having a Dove hunt they had a Pigeon Hunt.
    The Pigeon was able to be saved and would be use in their educational programs.
    We do enjoy their big fireworks display at the 4th of July, until they get drunk and have a bottle rocket war. They shoot bottle rockets at each other and since they aren't shooting in the air the rockets fly straight and end up everywhere.

So, I guess there is just going to be noise, in town or out with the rednecks.

+ Reply to Thread