+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6454Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3516844;
    I wish they had an adults only swimming pool. I would love to go to one of the public ones in town but they are soo full of kids splashing and yelling that it makes me want to just leave.
    Same here -- at our apartment complex. Right outside our window. Quite lovely when one needs to make a phone call, but can't because of the noise, never mind that there's a clause in the rental agreement to the effect of not disturbing the "quiet enjoyment" of the other residents. There's a huge bay, and even an ocean, with many big beaches all in the open -- and less than five minutes away -- where the little screamers can yell to their hearts' content. Take 'em there. Uggghhhhh!!!

Luckily, both of the places we're going to on vacation have adults-only pools. I may never come home . . .
    Last edited by Ellen; 06-23-2009 at 01:09 AM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3517260;
    Alright so, i had the same bidder retract their bid twice from the same auction(claiming they bid wrong amount). This was before and after sending me poorly typed questions. I decided to ban this person from being able to bid on my items. I don't want to be dealing with someone that unstable. I also think it's reprehensible for Ebay to allow such behavior. They're too busy trying to kiss up to the buyers that they're disregarding the sellers.

My second point of gripe is: Parents at graduations. I was at my brother's today, when they started handing out the awards, their was this line of embarrassing parents.They were whistling, hooting, hollering, screaming and in general making a$$es of themselves whenever their kid got an award. I was telling the parents behind me that all the noise makers needed was a bullhorn(they thoroughly agreed). It's a 5th grade graduation for goodness sake! Calm down! I can now see why they ban some kids from graduating: they're parents.

My son will be graduating HS next year and after all we've been through, the frustration, tears, finally finding educators who were interested in teaching to someone who learns "outside of the box", I'm planning on nothing less than a marching band, 21 gun salute and quite possibly a flyover by the Blue Angels!
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3518027;
    Same here -- at our apartment complex. Right outside our window. Quite lovely when one needs to make a phone call, but can't because of the noise, never mind that there's a clause in the rental agreement to the effect of not disturbing the "quiet enjoyment" of the other residents. There's a huge bay, and even an ocean, with many big beaches all in the open -- and less than five minutes away -- where the little screamers can yell to their hearts' content. Take 'em there. Uggghhhhh!!!

Luckily, both of the places we're going to on vacation have adults-only pools. I may never come home . . .
    Have a great time on your vacations! Soak up some sun for me and enjoy those pools!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Kids having fun in a pool doesn't bother me. We have a lake behind our house and the beach access is about 50 yards away. It's supposed to be for residents only but that rule is never enforced and we're subjected to strange adults coming to our door and asking to use our phone, bathroom etc......They come up for the day and blare their music, scream profanities at their kids and wander into our yard. I always have more of a problem with adults who should know better.
    CYA

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3518142;
    My son will be graduating HS next year and after all we've been through, the frustration, tears, finally finding educators who were interested in teaching to someone who learns "outside of the box", I'm planning on nothing less than a marching band, 21 gun salute and quite possibly a flyover by the Blue Angels!
    Now that sounds like a party. I love the Blue Angels. Can I come?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Isn't it amazing what you learn about environments that you move into AFTER you've already committed? I know soooo much about what I won't accept in another residence after buying my house. I always find myself wondering, "What was I thinking??"
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3518874;
    Isn't it amazing what you learn about environments that you move into AFTER you've already committed? I know soooo much about what I won't accept in another residence after buying my house. I always find myself wondering, "What was I thinking??"
    Really--yes, I live in a little shack house, but every time I came to look at it, it was pouring down rain. The listing agent told me that it was very quiet, mostly old folks, etc. on the street. No, it's full of hootin and hollerin rednecks on weekends, kids on 4 wheelers on the street riding, packs of bored kids looking for things to get into, and even a pack of ten to 15 Basset hounds 100 yards from me!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

One thing that I did learn was to look at property in as many different types of weather as possible! My girlfriend didn't, and she bought a garage that needs a sump pump. I tried to tell her....
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The thing is, you can know everything there is to know about a property, but things can change. When we moved into our last house, the neighbours had, I think, three kids. Subsequently she was pregnant every single year. By the time I finally talked Mr. Rattus into buying another house and moving whether he liked it or not, there were a minimum of 15 kids living next door, plus that noise-making bane of sanity, a basketball net. Thump thump thump, screech, wail, moooommmmmmy, thump, thump, thump.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

The bachelorette people are taking over the board. I really get angry when I try to post while the show is on and I can't because 1500 rabid fans descend on FORT at that time. PLUS almost every single post alludes to the winner (already determined by the sleuths) and it PISSES me off because I want to be surprised!

end rant, now to get that boy out of BED at the crack of 11AM!
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

+ Reply to Thread