+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7124Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

How wonderful it is to be Fri! My "experience" was 8 yrs ago, but the process started 2 yrs. before. I had so much other stuff going on that the hot flashes weren't so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3511247;
    So is mine. What the heck is up with that? And I can't see it well enough to get rid of it all. I guess I could go and have it waxed.

Well, I have woken up and decided Hey, It's Friday. Pfffft. I have to work today, tonight and tomorrow. And what I have to work today is so not up my alley, so not what I want to do, but hey, it's a paycheck.

TGIF to all the rest of you today.
    Do what I did MRD. I got a magnifying mirror and I sit near a sunny window and pluck away!

I'm sort of like Ellen where everything seems to be on schedule but I do have some wicked night sweats. I remember one night, well, it wasn't winter, but it was close, my hubby came to bed and I had both windows open, the ceiling fan on and I was laying on top of the covers. (panting like a dog) He looked around, didn't say a word and went right back to the living room and spent the night on the couch. I'm married to a very tolerant man, thank God.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

If we hadn't had that ice storm, today would be the last day of school. But nooooooo, we have another week to go! Teachers' last day is June 29!!!
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Good grief! Our kids will be going back to school ~August 8!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

It is so hot here today that I think I am going to keel over. I couldn't imagine having a hot flash on top of today's heat.
    I went to work for a while, then stopped and got my chin waxed. I thought, "why not?". It was only $5 and well worth it.

We have the opposite problem here Lil Bit. My husband has always gotten night sweats and I"m usually freezing. We have an electric mattress pad and I keep mine on 2-3 in summer and 7-8 in winter. He ONLY turns his side on, on the coldest nights and then he puts it on 2. I usually wear flannel PJ's year round.
    But when I do get hot, like today, OMG, I feel like I am going to burst into flames.

I've got to go back and work a party tonight. Non-alcoholic party for HS kids that have spent a week at speech camp.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My daughter started her summer job as a lifeguard at a state park yesterday. It's her 3rd year at this park, but this year because of the economy there was steep competition for the jobs. She is the only girl with 5 guys and the head guard was head guard at the ocean last year, so a little tougher than the wishy-washy girl who has been head guard the last two years. They have to go on a run today to get in shape.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3511604;
    Good grief! Our kids will be going back to school ~August 8!!!

Don't remind me. We go back August 10 or so..
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Duxxy I started the "peri mental pause' phase at 42, I was standing in the kitchen and had a flash that went from my head all the way to my feet, I thought I was coming down with the Flu... my mom was here for a visit, and she saw me stop and told me "dear, your having a hot flash"...
    a visit to the doc confirmed it... I didn't want to go the hormone route and she was fine with that, but told me if I changed my mind or if I had any problems she could prescribe something...I read all the "horror" books that make you think you'll be miserable forever... not so... and then read an herbal medicine book and The Doctors Book Of Home Remedies which both gave suggestions on what to do for different symptoms. I started taking the supplements that my Doc and they suggested and I have had a pretty easy go of it . But what I did experience was some weight gain, had mild hot flashes and night sweats (the worst) , and yes the chin hair
    7 years later and on the other side... I'm still hormone free and the best part for me is no more major migraines, just the occasional sinus or tension headache. I try to keep a positve attitude towards all that kind of stuff and put things in perspective...I eat smaller portions of food, wear cool clothing, turn on the ceiling fan at night, get plenty of exercise, drink lots of water, and pluck my chin hairs and know I probably won't remember any of it in a few years . Good Luck

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Apple cider vinegar was my godsend for my hot flashes. Took it for 2-3 years, and I've not taken it since.

Couldn't take hormones due to blood clot issues.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3513598;
    Apple cider vinegar was my godsend for my hot flashes. Took it for 2-3 years, and I've not taken it since.

Couldn't take hormones due to blood clot issues.

Ok I just have to ask. Did you drink it? Bathe in it?
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

+ Reply to Thread