Not until your tuition check clears the bank. :nono

Thanks! It's everything that I thought it would be
    The check is in the mail!!!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen View Post
    Your grandmothers were YaYas!

The cocktail story reminds me of a friend of mine who buys that On the Border margarita mix in the bucket and keeps it in her freezer. She went to Sam's Club one day and there was none to be found. She actually called the manager of the store over, grabbed his arm and here is what she said:
    In the afternoon, while I am cooking, my kids start to get wild. I spoon some of this into a little juice glass and sip on it to keep me sane until dinner. You cannot run out of this. I need my "mommy bucket"!
    Scared the poor guy to death. Realizing how she sounded, she fell all over herself trying to reassure him she wasn't an alcoholic. That she was a good mother. And that he could help her remain a good mother by ordering more "mommy buckets". We don't refer to the mix by it's real name anymore.

Yes, they were Ya Ya's. Funny, but I'm reading the 3rd Ya Ya book now.

Love the Mommy bucket, that is so funny.

(Sorry for the double post, I could NOT get the edit button to work so I could add this to my last one. Been having a lot of problems lately with things, so don't know if its on my end or the FORT, but I at least tried to edit)

FORT Fogey
    What do you think of the 3rd YaYa book? I adored The Divine Sisterhood, but really couldn't stand Little Altars. I've been tempted, but weary of reading the third one out of fear that it's too much like Little Altars.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka View Post
    What do you think of the 3rd YaYa book? I adored The Divine Sisterhood, but really couldn't stand Little Altars. I've been tempted, but weary of reading the third one out of fear that it's too much like Little Altars.
    It's not like the 2nd one which was so good. And I think she repeats herself in this one as some of the stories sound so similar, but its been so long since I read the other 2, but its ok.

My mom and grandmother were definetly Ya-Ya's

Me, I'd rather be a Sweet Potato Queen!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    My mom and grandmother were definetly Ya-Ya's

Me, I'd rather be a Sweet Potato Queen!
    OK, what are Ya-Ya's and Sweet Potato Queens? I couldn't bring myself to watch the movie and never read the book...

myrosiedog: Thanks for all the tips! They're great!

I'm with Lois: I'm lost on ya-ya whatever, sweet potatoe queens, and mommy buckets???? I'm in another time zone.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post

I'm with Lois: I'm lost on ya-ya whatever, sweet potatoe queens, and mommy buckets???? I'm in another time zone.
    I don't know about the sweet potato queens, so I can't help there.

In the YaYa books, there are four women who have been best friends from childhood through their retirement years. As children, they had a ceremonial pledge for their friendship, and named themselves the YaYas. They grew up together, went through falling in love and getting married together, raised their children together, became grandmothers together, etc. Your most basic super-close lifelong women friends.

And the mommy bucket comes from Cricketeen's post above.

I need a mommy bucket .. especially today
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Oh, I had to re-read that. A marguerita mommy bucket!! Fabulous idea!

Unfortunately I have no ya-ya sisterhood friends. I grew up with kids from the local airbase and everyone moved all the time.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD
    The Sweet Potato Queen Book is one of the funniest I have ever read. It is about a group of women in Mississippi that decided since they were older and mothers, they did not want to give up on being Homecoming Queen or had never been one, etc. So they got together, found paegent dresses and tiaras, dubbed themselves the sweet potato queens and joined the St. Patrick's day parade. They have become a tradition ever since and their outfits have sequed into the hilarious. The book is a SCREAM.

It is called: The Sweet Potato Queens Book of Love and I have never laughed so hard in my life. It is by Jill Conner Browne and it is a way of life, not just a book. It is outrageous, irreverant, bawdy and just sounds like something I'd love to be. They now have Sweet Potato Queen chapters all over the country.

The YaYa books are great and was even made into a movie. There are 3 books, the bestseller and movie were called: Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood.

+ Reply to Thread