+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6754Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

To the tune of "Anticipation": In-som-ni-a, it's keeping me awake............

Hubby put a window ac unit in the bedroom tonight. First night it's been cool upstairs in a month, and I still can't sleep.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

We had to buy a new fridge last week (week from hell, everything broke, big hassles, glad it's over) and the old fridge wouldn't keep stuff cold, the new one has frozen everything in the refrigerator, despite me turning the thermostat down past where they say is "normal". Not so bad for the diet coke, makes it a slushy, but not so great for the milk.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

When Hurricane Ike visited me...they did a lot of education about fallen trees and who was responsible. I learned that the person's property upon whichever portion of the tree landed, regardless of ownership, was the responsible party. Luckily, mine didn't fall....just took on a mean, uprooted lean toward my house. And They Only Give Me $500 per incident for removal, regardless of how many trees are down! Now, ain't that a kick in the head/wallet!! Removing a tree is no less than $1000...imagine having to remove more than one with only $500 worth of insurance. Just WOW! Sorry for your weather-drama, livin4! I feel your pain.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Holy crud, prhoshay, I think you need to get more quotes on tree removal. I've had four trees removed on my property in Houston. I paid $300 per tree (this didn't include stump grinding because they were digging a big hole and just yanked the stumps out). But then I also had an enormous bush removed, it was at least 15 feet tall, and they did grind the stump and it was only an extra $100.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

we had a blue ask blow down during the Sept 09 BIG BLOW - huge tree. fell on an old rickety fence. Insurance gave us over $2000 for the tree removal and another $500 for the fence. and it cost us over $2500 to get rid of the tree and stump.

Shay-are you saying we are responsible for tree removal?
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

For my area, because it's an act of God, it would be your responsibility. Sadly.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;3509087;
    Holy crud, prhoshay, I think you need to get more quotes on tree removal. I've had four trees removed on my property in Houston. I paid $300 per tree (this didn't include stump grinding because they were digging a big hole and just yanked the stumps out). But then I also had an enormous bush removed, it was at least 15 feet tall, and they did grind the stump and it was only an extra $100.
    It took 2-3 days.

We were in a hard-hit area and it was desperate times, with everybody needing the tree removal guys. They were working around the clock, to say the least with no days off. My price included stump grinding. The guy did a really good job, but the price was ridiculous but I didn't have a choice unless I wanted "fly by night" guys. The price was also based on how big the tree was, and it was a big one. The removal guy that I used came highly recommended, and was insured. It would not have taken much for fly-by-nighters to send the tree over onto the house.

livin4, it's my understanding that what's on your property is your responsibility, even if it's your neighbor's tree. What falls on their side is their responsibility.
    When I reread my initial post, it was confusing. Sorry!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

a chainsaw and bonfire would be cheaper lol
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

That sucks Shay.

So just went out there and they are in the process of removing it. Yeah!
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

+ Reply to Thread