+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6984Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

My our local schools have optional trips that the students have to pay for... 7th grade - Quebec, 8th grade - DC, high school juniors - NYC, high school juniors/seniors - somewhere in Europe. My daughter went to France and Spain last year (Paris, Provence, Barcelona).
    Count your blessings!

Gutmutter and the rest of the teachers here, what do you like to get as end of the year teacher gifts?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

MRD

A case of vodka.

Gift cards to restaurants are nice and usually appreciated.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I never saw end of year teacher gifts either; I reckon back then getting rid of the kids was considered enough
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

It's very rare for a middle school student to give gifts because they have so many teachers, but if one teacher has really touched a student, any remembrance would be dear. A card with heartfelt words, a school picture, a poem. I'd shy away from anything too "apples" and "teacher" (mugs, magnets), although I still wear socks with apples on them a student gave me once. If the teacher has plants in her/his room, a small potted plant would probably be appreciated.
    Count your blessings!

I graduated from 4th grade (middle school was 5-8 at the time), 8th grade, and 12th grade (and college). 12th grade was the aforementioned Six Flags trip (which seems to be THE trip, since in addition to Physics Day, we used to go in middle school for Music in the Parks), 8th grade was to this recreation center 45 minutes away, which probably would have been ok had it not been raining, and I think our 4th grade special event was the roller skating party. The only real overnight field trip we had was in the 5th grade (Nature's Classroom). In high school, the German teacher would take groups of kids to Germany, but by the time my parents were willing to let me go along, we had vacation plans already, and French and Spanish classes used to alternate in participating in an exchange program for two weeks for sophomores and juniors, but they stopped after my sophomore year, when, inevitably, they went to Spain rather than France.

However, I've more than made up for that since.

Question for everyone:

Due to a wind storm last night, our neighbors tree split in half. Said half is on our lawn. Who is responsible for removing the tree?
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

I believe that if it is the neighbors tree, it is their responsibility.

Definitely the neighbor's responsibility. And if said tree did any damage on your property, neighbor is responsible for that as well.

Our backyard neighbor had a tree come down in a storm. Part of it landed on the railing of our pool deck. Neighbor had to get rid of the branches, etc. from the tree and replace the damaged part of our deck.

They were very nice about it. They just took it upon themselves to do the right thing, so to speak. If they had said it wasn't their problem, we would have told them....uh, yeah, it really is YOUR problem!

I once saw this on the Golden Girls(yes, i love that show!), it's the neighbors responsibility as it is his tree.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread