+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

It should always be at your convenience... you can even arrange to leave the item(s) out - on your front porch, for example - at a certain time for pick-up so you don't even have to be at home. My experiences with Freecycle have been good ones... usually very nice and appreciative folks who send follow-up emails of thanks after they've picked up something.
    remember to play

MRD

Always had great luck with freecycle and I have left stuff on the porch if I wasn't home.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I had a couple of people ask me to meet them halfway with things, but I only did it once. Since it's all local, I generally got four or more responses within a day and felt no need to deliver anything. I took the clothes halfway because the family that took them had no car but could meet me while going to the grocery store with a neighbor. I found that most of the people who freecycle are actually in need--of course I did have a few people ask how "nice" "what quality" things were--I preferred to give to those who needed something, anything to wear, for the kitchen, or whatever and didn't ask things like that. I did NOT advertise anything that was not decent enough to be used, though!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I just found out that Habitat For Humanity has opened a store here. They take donations and then sell to raise money. The store is staffed by people who are having/have had houses built for them by HFH.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Ooooh! I like HFH. I'll see if I can find one near me. I would drive a little ways to make a donation for them. Thanks!
    Count your blessings!

MRD

I have actually shopped from the HFH store. They have books too! We bought a changing table for some friends of my daughter. Nice one too and paid $20 for it. New would have been over $150. I also got a patio table from them.

BUT the best thing is that they sell paint, light fixtures, locks, building supplies (builders donate their extra stuff when they build a house), so you can sometimes get things you need for your own house projects and help out a great charity.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Books?? We've got one here, and I've been hearing about it for years, but have never been. Maybe I should check it out! I didn't think that they did anything other than building supplies.

I also have discovered that my local free public library has a "Wish List" on Amazon. com. Very interesting idea.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Books?? We've got one here, and I've been hearing about it for years, but have never been. Maybe I should check it out! I didn't think that they did
    Wow, did I read this wrong! I read it as having one BOOK, hearing about the book for years, and needing to check the book out, presumably from the library, but having a certain level of skepticism that the book actually exists As Daffy Duck used to say, "Ah! Pronoun trouble!"

ETA: I just realized that I recently made my 3000th post. I hope it was at least as profound as the first 2999
    Last edited by Newfherder; 06-14-2009 at 08:38 PM. Reason: historical hindsight
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3501036;

ETA: I just realized that I recently made my 3000th post. I hope it was at least as profound as the first 2999
    As usual Mr. Newfherder sir.....

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Since it's graduation season, where have you guys gone to on your senior trips? We unfortunately didn't go anywhere. My brother is going to Washington D.C. overnight.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread