+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6276Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3496059;
    I know many of you checked this out back when i first posted about Zac's bone marrow transplant. However the National bone Marrow registry is now having a free sign up period from June 8th - 22nd.

More info here: Join Now - online registration for Be The Match Marrow Registry
    Sorry, Unk.

I can still donate my blood every 56 days ( and they ALWAYS call me ), but I cannot donate my marrow based on the guidelines.
    Thanks for thinking of all of us, though, and I will pass it on.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I'm in the process of getting rid of STUFF, but I don't like to throw away things that others could use. I have a fairly huge library... art books, books on education, classics, books on spirituality, novels. I'd love some suggestions about who might want free books. I'm going to look into the obvious - library, hospital, ummm .... help me.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Freecycle or Craigslist
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

or shelters, churches....

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3498900;
    I'm in the process of getting rid of STUFF, but I don't like to throw away things that others could use. I have a fairly huge library... art books, books on education, classics, books on spirituality, novels. I'd love some suggestions about who might want free books. I'm going to look into the obvious - library, hospital, ummm .... help me.
    Do you have any used book shops? They usually give you a dollar or two per book so you could get a little return on them. Otherwise I'm sure a local church in your area might know of some families a little low on money who would love a book or two to read or for their children to read.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

you could also save it for the retirement home....

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3498953;
    you could also save it for the retirement home....
    Won't do much good for the home, if the books are not LARGE PRINT editions...

Actually, retirement homes or assisted living places sometimes will take used books.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3498900;
    I just got rid of a ton of "stuff' using Freecycle. Things there go very quickly--frecycle emails all its members with a list of free stuff wanted and to give away every day. Very little that I listed lasted more than two days; the best way is to specify 'must take all' or at least "must take all of one category", for example, I listed all my old clothes as one item, all my nonfiction books as one item, all National Geographic/smithsonian/Discover as one item, all jigsaw puzzles as one item, and so forth.
    To me, for this type of thing it's much better than craigslist, where I had no luck at all. It's also helpful that each county or whatever has its own freecycle group on Yahoo, so only people close to you will be seeing the listing.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Great responses! Thanks! A question about Freecycle - does it involve me mailing them ($$$) or does the person come pick them up?
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread