+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6543Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

What shocked me, was how aggressive and desperate some of the girls in my son's school acted towards the boys.

Stuff like 7th and 8th graders pregnant makes me wonder what the background story is... Are lots of people leaving these boys and girls alone and unsupervised? Do these kids have a lot of time on their hands? Are they generally uninformed about the consequences (i.e., it can't happen the first time) or was it intentional?

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3479303;
    Stuff like 7th and 8th graders pregnant makes me wonder what the background story is... Are lots of people leaving these boys and girls alone and unsupervised? Do these kids have a lot of time on their hands? Are they generally uninformed about the consequences (i.e., it can't happen the first time) or was it intentional?
    It would be very easy to just lay blame on the Internet, sextexting on cell phones, and other fallout from a technology driven society. However, the issues are the same as they've always been. Kids do need and respect supervision. They need parents to love and guide them and give them attention. Far too many kids get material possessions from their parents but no time/attention paid to them.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

We sent home a notice with our students today that there are 2 cases of H1N1 in our district - one at our school. We're on alert.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3480501;
    We sent home a notice with our students today that there are 2 cases of H1N1 in our district - one at our school. We're on alert.
    I'd rather it was R2D2...

gabriel! I've had a cold for 2 weeks now. I finally feel like I can move without my body hurting but the cough is piercing and very painful. I started the anti-biotics which I don't like taking, but this could turn into something bad!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Does anyone here take thyroid hormone? If so, can you share your experiences?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3479303;
    Most teen pregnancies happen between 3 and 5 in the afternoon. After school lets out and before parents get home from work.
    So yes, the lack of supervision contributes.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3480501;

Didn't you say you wanted to catch it now instead of later? Sounds like this is your big chance.

If the H1N1 flu is moving this quickly now, I hate to think what it will be like this fall and winter.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I would agree that it is the free time. I had maybe up to 5 hours unsupervised before mom got home. I generally did everything on my own anyway.
    Also, we didn't get sex-ed in the 8th grade.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread