+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6754Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3473782;
    We had a horrible thunderstorm last night. We're getting so much rain and this is sort of our dry season. I swear if another person says: "but we need the rain", I'm going to slap them. It's rained and rained and rained since the beginning of December. I'm starting to think I live in Seattle instead of SC.
    I'll trade you! I absolutely love thunderstorms. I would rather have a week of rain and lightning than sun believe it or not. We haven't had a good one yet since winter, just a bunch of 50 degree drizzle days over this last weekend. Maybe I should move to Seattle or SC
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Pet peeve coming up:

I hate it when you bring something to a potluck and people try it, rave about it, ask for the recipe and then BRING THE DISH TO THE NEXT POTLUCK and asks you to bring something else! So rude! I'm not going to share recipes anymore.
    *flounces off in a huff*
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3473990;
    I've seen the dentist about this in the past. All I get from them is "we can pull the tooth or do a root canal but either of those will have to be out of pocket because the insurance company won't pay a cent if it isn't necessary".

I say it's necessary darn it!! Usually once I get to the point where I'm ready to go and pay out of pocket, the cold/sinus thing gets better and no more pain.
    2 Liquid Advil, if you can use it, works great for Dental Pain.
    Mine did the same thing when I had a cold/flu and when the barimetric pressure would change. I had the root canal and then eventually had to have it pulled. My regular dentist broke the tooth off trying to remove it ... I had to end up driving 20 miles to an oral surgeon.
    If you do have it removed be sure to use warm salt water rinses, they work wonders.
    I didn't have Dental Insurance either but could use a plan called CareCredit.
    CareCredit® Healthcare Finance - Payment Plans and Financing for Cosmetic Surgery, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Veterinary & Other Medical Procedures
    They let me set up a year payment plan and I paid a payment every month.
    You might see if this is available in your area.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Cali!!! I'm a thunderstorm girl, too!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3474228;
    Cali!!! I'm a thunderstorm girl, too!!!
    Isn't it great to just curl up with a good book and a blanket in front of the window during one? It's one of my favorite things! Last year I took a storm chaser training course. I haven't actually been tornado chasing yet because I'm too much of a chicken to put myself in front of one in my dinky little dodge neon but my dad and stepmom do. We make tornado season into a sport in this family!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

So, my brother's doctor gave us orders to start talking to him about sex and condoms. He's 12 so i don't even know how to begin that conversation. Hell, i remember running away when my mom tried to talk to me about that when i was a teen.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3474331;
    So, my brother's doctor gave us orders to start talking to him about sex and condoms. He's 12 so i don't even know how to begin that conversation. Hell, i remember running away when my mom tried to talk to me about that when i was a teen.
    Just give him the stern lecture that my father gave one of my brothers:

If you're not in bed by midnight, you might as well come home!

Thank God my brother wasn't dumb enough to laugh. What Dad really meant, of course, was that if my brother wasn't home by midnight, there would be hell to pay.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

I don't mind the thunderstorms except that they terrify my dogs. I'm just sick of the constant rain, I need sun.

Amy Lee, there are some good books out there. Check with your local library.

The most important thing is not to be embarrasssed. If you are embarrassed, it will not help. Practice what you want to say with a friend first. Be open and honest and answer questions truthfully. You dont have to go into a lot of detail with certain questions, but honesty will go a LONG way, believe me.

But in this day and age it is important to arm this kid with ALL the knowledge out there. Babies are forever. So are certain STD's. Don't always believe the girl when she says she's on BC. And when a girl says no, she means NO.
    I'd say those would be MY top topics on the subject.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3473782;
    We had a horrible thunderstorm last night. We're getting so much rain and this is sort of our dry season. I swear if another person says: "but we need the rain", I'm going to slap them. It's rained and rained and rained since the beginning of December. I'm starting to think I live in Seattle instead of SC.
    Isn't that the most irritating thing? Last year we had so much rain that in June we were 13 inches over the regular yearly average. We had previously been needing rain, but every time it rained they still said "we need the rain." The h*ll we did. I think it's just a gut reaction saying to rain. They've always said it so they continue to say it, even when it defies all logic.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;3474656;
    Isn't that the most irritating thing? Last year we had so much rain that in June we were 13 inches over the regular yearly average. We had previously been needing rain, but every time it rained they still said "we need the rain." The h*ll we did. I think it's just a gut reaction saying to rain. They've always said it so they continue to say it, even when it defies all logic.
    Thank you justCoz because it is irritating. We're building arks and gathering animals two by two and they are still saying: "but we need the rain".
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread