+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6432Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I always have soda crackers (Saltines) and baking soda on hand. Best remedies for upset tummy.

Lemon causes me BAD indisgestion to the point where I do throw up. It's the citric acid.

Also peppermint tea is good for nausea.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I have had this cold/flu thing for 2 days now. I could totally deal with it if my darn tooth didn't flare up each time my sinus' get stuffed. It's like a cavity pain but there is no cavity, my roots are just really long and the nerve is hyper-sensitive. Arghh!! It has woken me up all night throbbing and I just shove a bunch of orajel into my mouth and go back to sleep.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I guess seeing a doc/dentist is out of the question?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3473134;
    I have had this cold/flu thing for 2 days now. I could totally deal with it if my darn tooth didn't flare up each time my sinus' get stuffed. It's like a cavity pain but there is no cavity, my roots are just really long and the nerve is hyper-sensitive. Arghh!! It has woken me up all night throbbing and I just shove a bunch of orajel into my mouth and go back to sleep.
    I've been dealing with exactly the same thing Bug. The roots are sore and feel like I've had a tooth extracted. Actually, the entire left side side of my face is feeling this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3473268;
    Personally for me it is since I've lost my healthcare coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3472696;
    Eeek, that reminds mee I'm sneaking off to Florida for a weekend before I (hopefully) go back to work in 2 weeks--I'm going to get my ginger pills NOW, in case I get on a boat.
    Have fun! Whereabouts in Florida are you going to be? I can suggest some delicious places to eat in the panhandle.

Bunny - I am sorry about your health coverage. I know that is tough.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3473716;
    Have fun! Whereabouts in Florida are you going to be? I can suggest some delicious places to eat in the panhandle.

Bunny - I am sorry about your health coverage. I know that is tough.
    And I can suggest some must eat places on the west coast.

For nausea - any kind of real ginger (candied, tea made from root, real gingerale), and the other things listed, my favorite cocktail waitress remedy is club soda with bitters. If you don't know what bitters are, you can find them in the drink mix section of your grocery store. I love the flavor and it really does the trick. Also, the acupressure point for nausea is the middle of your wrist (underside). This really works - they even sell wrist bands at CVS with a bead at the pressure point for it... so pretty universally accepted.
    Count your blessings!

A cup of hot black tea also calms the stomach. Peppermint tea really works well for nausea or indigestion, too.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

MRD

We had a horrible thunderstorm last night. We're getting so much rain and this is sort of our dry season. I swear if another person says: "but we need the rain", I'm going to slap them. It's rained and rained and rained since the beginning of December. I'm starting to think I live in Seattle instead of SC.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3473268;
    I've seen the dentist about this in the past. All I get from them is "we can pull the tooth or do a root canal but either of those will have to be out of pocket because the insurance company won't pay a cent if it isn't necessary".

I say it's necessary darn it!! Usually once I get to the point where I'm ready to go and pay out of pocket, the cold/sinus thing gets better and no more pain.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread