+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5866Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

My long weekend is going to be very, very long. I need to work two of the days at my day job, and I'm scheduled to work all three days at my second job. No rest for the wicked, but I am going to a picnic before work on Monday
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Does anyone have any experience with inner ear vertigo? Does it come and go? I was in the grocery store...one of my most hated places...and it seemed that as long as I was walking around, I was OK. When I was waiting in the checkout line for the cashier to finish, I got so dizzy until I was afraid I was going to pass out. I was really afraid that I was going to have to ask that -911 be called. Once I left the line and started for my car, it had all passed. Anyone? I'm seeing a doc on Thursday.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

I had a friend that just experienced something similar over the winter. I can't remember exactly what it was except that it was a calcium deposit that kept moving and pressing on a nerve or something in the ear. So it would come and go. They have had her on medication for the vertigo. I'm sorry I'm not more up on it as I honestly didn't pay that much attention when she was telling me as it's just another in a LONG string of problems and I was not too sympathic which makes me sound like a mean person, but with her, there is ALWAYS something wrong.
    I hope they are able to find the problem and fix it easily. I have experienced vertigo a few times and it's not fun.

Nasty, rainy weekend here, we all worked yesterday, hubby is working today and tomorrow, so not much planned. We did go to a really fun party last night at an art gallery where most of the artists also have studios. I talked to two artists and got to see their studios and was very impressed with their work. Unfortunately, I can't afford art right now, but it was a fun night and we ended up making a new friend through a friend that is a lot of fun. So we all decided last night that we will do an Unmemorial day BBQ next weekend because so many of us had to work this weekend.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

The only time I get that type of vertigo is when I have an inner ear infection or water has made it's way into my inner ear.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm pretty sure this is a result of the allergy/sinus issues I've been battling for over a month. When it hits....it really HITS; when it's gone....it's gone. I've had middle ear issues (with the pain), but never inner ear issues before.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3466291;
    I'm pretty sure this is a result of the allergy/sinus issues I've been battling for over a month. When it hits....it really HITS; when it's gone....it's gone. I've had middle ear issues (with the pain), but never inner ear issues before.
    Go to a doctor!! I bet that the ear probs are related to the sinus problems. My husband has been sick off and on for over a month. He FINALLY went to the doctor about 3 weeks ago and it turned out that he had a sinus infection that had gotten into his throat and lungs. Dr. said it could spread to his brain too . Two rounds of antibiotics seemed to do the trick. Then, last week he started feeling nasty again and he went back to the Dr. on Friday. The infection is now in his ears!! He hasn't experienced any vertigo, but he now has eardrops which are supposed to clear that up. The scariest part is that the doc said that this type of infection can last for months.... it just keeps hopping around to different parts of the body. I HOPE that this is not what you have, but if so, nip it in the bud before it gets worse!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Why I think people are nuts, #8269--I had a customer yesterday who was thoroughly pissed off at me because I didn't know which is the most orange of the 20 types of mulch we sell. Go to Lawn and Garden and look for yourself, you crazy bitch! I don't know, and I really don't give a rat's ass! Actually, I paged a customer service manager, who had to make 3 calls to L&G to get the answer (cypress.)

It can get a wee bit frustrating sometimes.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3467214;
    Why I think people are nuts, #8269--I had a customer yesterday who was thoroughly pissed off at me because I didn't know which is the most orange of the 20 types of mulch we sell. Go to Lawn and Garden and look for yourself, you crazy bitch! I don't know, and I really don't give a rat's ass! Actually, I paged a customer service manager, who had to make 3 calls to L&G to get the answer (cypress.)

It can get a wee bit frustrating sometimes.
    Are you serious? What were we designing a co-ordinated garden??

I'm busy cleaning for my daughter's graduation in 2 weeks. I hate to clean, so when I have to do it, there's so much to do it's overwhelming. Sat. I ended up whipping the side yard with garden and pond into shape so now it is a true oasis that can be viewed from a comfy chair indoors by sliding glass doors, or enjoyed with a cup of tea at the table by the pond just outside the door. Yesterday my daughter and 2 friends treated us 3 mothers with birthdays this week to brunch. When I got home I fell asleep for 2 hours on the couch and had a hard time getting going after that. But I did make a start on the porch, living room, and kitchen, which are the 3 areas that really need work. Today I've been slowly getting into gear and am about to do a mad push of taking lots of STUFF up to the attic to be dealt with at a future time. Of course my son also returned from college this past Thurs. for the summer, so I have his STUFF to work around. Anyway, at the end of it all, I'll have a clean house, garden, and porch to enjoy.
    Count your blessings!

That is what I've been doing the past couple weeks, Gut. My son had his graduation party here last night. It all went really well. The actual ceremony was only an hour and fifteen minutes! And the weather was nice but muggy. I'll post pics later..

My question to anyone..I'm pretty sure I have pink eye. Does that require a prescription or can I just head to the pharmacy?
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

+ Reply to Thread