+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6257Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3459816;
    Yes! That's it. I instantly recoiled just looking at the picture. I want him out of my house and he better take all of his friends and family members.
    Ugh! I would rather face a spider! That thing is creepy!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

My sister and I were visiting my mom one summer, and our boys, 9,8 &6 year olds, captured a tree frog and snuck it into the house. That night my mom was in her sewing room ironing and we heard a blood curtling scream... We ran in and the tree frog had attached itself to her leg...of course nobody knew where it came from.... She now can laugh about it, and they do too.

We get locust here. The first year we built, we had planted new trees, and they swarmed the new trees. You could shake the trees and they would fly out. It became a favorite pasttime of my son, especially if he had friends over which included girls.
    It was really awful. The shells were attached to everything and you couldn't run a tractor or lawnmower without them swarming you.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3459817;
    Whoa now, I'm in charge of cooking and spider and snake removal? Suddenly my job list is growing in that retirement home.
    But haven't we said whatever we're comfortable with? I was just thinking in the past about who could handle the spiders. I really could do the snakes myself, I guess.

MRD

I don't mind the cooking or spiders or snakes as long as I have long handled garden implements for the snake removal. I don't like touching them, but they don't freak me out when I see them.
    I do have a confession to make and I don't mean to offend, but the thing that creeps me out the most is "little people". I don't know why, it's totally irrational, I know they can't help it, but I get a tad freaked out when I encounter these people. I have a friend that is deathly afraid of clowns, and my daughter is afraid of balloons, so I guess we all have our own quirks and I try not to be creeped out when I encounter little people, but it is something I have a hard time with. Ok, so true confession time, but I hope I haven't offended anyone.

One year we had a huge infestation of these tree catepillers. They were in every tree and literally thousands of them. I went to a graveside funeral in an older cemetary that had a lot of trees. It really wasn't funny as it was a funeral, but the minster ended up cutting the service short as we were all hopping and running and swatting the falling catepillers from the trees. It was awful.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

If I still get to be the bartender, trust me, ain't nobody gonna care about no creepy crawlies!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3460659;
    If I still get to be the bartender, trust me, ain't nobody gonna care about no creepy crawlies!
    pffffh. Have you ever seen a fat woman trying to get away from a spider or rat, or any bugs that look too weird, when she's too buzzed to see much else beyond the creepy crawly? I am sure it's a pitiful thing to see.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3461535;
    pffffh. Have you ever seen a fat woman trying to get away from a spider or rat, or any bugs that look too weird, when she's too buzzed to see much else beyond the creepy crawly? I am sure it's a pitiful thing to see.
    I would RATHER be buzzed when I see a rat or a creepy crawly. That hideous picture of the thing that Bunny has in her house has stuck with me all day - just EWWW
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3461964;
    I would RATHER be buzzed when I see a rat or a creepy crawly. That hideous picture of the thing that Bunny has in her house has stuck with me all day - just EWWW
    And it's still not dead.
    CYA

According to that website you shouldn't kill it, because it eats all the other bugs in your house. I'd say ship him to me, but I don't think that thing is big enough to chew on the massive tree roaches that find their way inside my house once or twice a year. Those are nasty.

We used to have suicide bugs (I don't know what they're really called, but they commit hari kari on windows and glass doors) thump-thumping on our back door all summer. But the past few years we don't see them at all! I leave the lizards and frogs alone in my backyard and they take care of that for me. We have several geckos, but they stay out of sight. I haven't seen any frogs yet this year but I know they're out there. We usually catch one taking a dip in the pool a couple of times during the summer. I know that's gross to you frog-haters, but I'd rather have a comfortable frog than swarms of love bugs and beetles.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

MRD

When we had a pool, the frogs couldn't get back out or the chlorine killed them, so we had dead frogs in the pool.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread