+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6433Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Nah, my kids have a silly song sing-along DVD and it's usta (Polish for "mouth" or "lips" - just looked it up )
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

MRD, ok, when we move into the retirement home, you can be in charge of bug and snake removal. I can take care of the frogs (because I kinda like them-I had a pet tree frog named Pee Creek when I was lots younger). Someone will have to bring the hair spray for the spiders and creepy-crawlies. Wouldn't that be something if there was a way to keep the fuglies away?

Someone else will have to take care of any mice. Because really I lose all reason if I see one... I will take care of any bugs/spiders though..or even snakes.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3458931;
    There is a bug in this house that is almost too revolting to describe. It is light colored, has several multiples of legs and runs like it stole something. I don't know what it's called or what it wants from me but it has lived in every house that I've lived in. I see it maybe twice a year and there is no end to the panic it causes. My son had just finished showering this morning when I heard him yell "Oh my God WTH is that?" He had stepped out of the shower, grabbed a towel to dry his hair and when he looked in the mirror the thing was attached to the towel on top of his head.
    I will not find peace until that thing is in my vacuum cleaner and the bag removed and thrown in a covered trash bin...outside.
    It sounds like you're describing a silverfish. I agree. They are totally revolting.

How to Get Rid of Silverfish
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3458931;
    There is a bug in this house that is almost too revolting to describe. It is light colored, has several multiples of legs and runs like it stole something. I don't know what it's called or what it wants from me but it has lived in every house that I've lived in. I see it maybe twice a year and there is no end to the panic it causes. My son had just finished showering this morning when I heard him yell "Oh my God WTH is that?" He had stepped out of the shower, grabbed a towel to dry his hair and when he looked in the mirror the thing was attached to the towel on top of his head.
    I will not find peace until that thing is in my vacuum cleaner and the bag removed and thrown in a covered trash bin...outside.
    I was going to say that it sounded like a house centipede...
    There is a photo here: House Centipede | What's That Bug?
    They are harmless, but seriously disturbing to look at. We don't get many, maybe one every few years.

It's funny how we all have our own "thing" when it comes to creatures. Most bugs, snakes, frogs, etc don't bother me much. I even kept snakes as pets when I was a teen. However, I have a serious problem with spiders. Little itty-bitty ones are fine, but around here we get some rather large spiders and they are just gross. We particularly get cellar spiders in our basement and they are light tan and you don't really notice them until they are enormous!! By "scientific" standards they aren't big because they have small bodies but they have a huge leg span. I vacuum those suckers when I see them. It is giving me the heebie-jeebies just thinking about it!!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What is that nasty critter that we see every several years (maybe 7?) that comes in the spring/summer and sheds its shell and is then green and wet looking? You see their full shells on trees and other places; we used to like to collect them when I was a kid, but they were still creepy looking. I could have sworn that I've seen a shell in my yard this spring, but I'm thinking that may have been my imagination kicking in.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3459564;
    What is that nasty critter that we see every several years (maybe 7?) that comes in the spring/summer and sheds its shell and is then green and wet looking? You see their full shells on trees and other places; we used to like to collect them when I was a kid, but they were still creepy looking. I could have sworn that I've seen a shell in my yard this spring, but I'm thinking that may have been my imagination kicking in.
    Are you talking about cicadas? I don't know if they shead their shell or not but they are huge and have kind of an army decor on their body with big wings and make beautiful cirping noises during the summer. We used to catch them and play with them when we were kids. They are a little bit smaller then a fun sized snickers.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

I read that they are earlier due to the weather changes. I like the sound of them, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3459548;
    I was going to say that it sounded like a house centipede...
    There is a photo here: House Centipede | What's That Bug?
    They are harmless, but seriously disturbing to look at. We don't get many, maybe one every few years.
    Yes! That's it. I instantly recoiled just looking at the picture. I want him out of my house and he better take all of his friends and family members.
    CYA

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3459252;
    MRD, ok, when we move into the retirement home, you can be in charge of bug and snake removal. I can take care of the frogs (because I kinda like them-I had a pet tree frog named Pee Creek when I was lots younger). Someone will have to bring the hair spray for the spiders and creepy-crawlies. Wouldn't that be something if there was a way to keep the fuglies away?
    Whoa now, I'm in charge of cooking and spider and snake removal? Suddenly my job list is growing in that retirement home.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread