+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7277Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I do not like bugs in the house. Years ago, I had a roomate who introduced me to what is still my favorite spider killing technique (only now I have Mr. Doxie for removal of spider corpses ). Bust out the hairspray ladies! One quick spritz of the hairspray will stick that spider down and kill it!

Ants are another peeve and my MIL told me to keep a spray bottle with equal parts water and lemon juice in it and spray the little suckers with it. That works great too. It kills them almost instantly and they do NOT come back for awhile. My neighbor swears by Windex (or anything with ammonia in it) to kill ants, but the lemon/water mixture smells a lot better.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

I will definately have to try that!

Spiders freak me out to no end. I can't even touch them. Usually I just stand around and stare at it and pout for a while until I finally throw something from a good distance with the hopes of hitting the little bugger. Finally I invested in Raid.

One of my friends in high school had a pet taranchela (spl?) I couldn't go in her room where she kept it because I would litterally freak out! Why people consider spiders pets is beyond me.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3457436;
    Whoofda!
    This reminds me of Larry the Cucumber (Veggie Tales for those of you who don't have kids who like to watch Christian vegetables sing and dance). In one of his silly songs about loving his lips he says "Usta!" and my kids used to say it a lot, kind of like how you're using it.

We had unseasonably cool temps the last few days (lower 80s) it was nice and it's given my unripened tomatoes a chance to survive a few more days, but I'm ready for the 90s to come back. My husband has started mentioning that he's restless and wants to move north and it scares me. My body is so accustomed to the heat now that I know it will be miserable for the first few years. Thankfully we need a lottery win or a job offer to make the move possible, and he's not looking for a job and we rarely play the lotto.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3457664;
    Are you sure that you don't mean "uff da," a Scandinavian-American term?
    That's what I was thinking -- our Minnesota friends were all about "uff da" and "lutefisk."
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3457664;
    Are you sure that you don't mean "uff da," a Scandinavian-American term?
    I also thought it was "Uffda"...

Whoofda is kind of my work place's hybrid of woof and uff da. One of the ladies I work with always says 'whoof' so we just kind of combined the two sayings... yeah... we do have a lot of time on our hands, I know...
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3458684;
    It kills them almost instantly and they do NOT come back for awhile. )
    I read this and instantly pictured little bug zombies coming back after you kill them.

I'll try the lemon juice and water though! I don't get many bugs in the house, but hate to spray Raid or whatever when I do.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

There is a bug in this house that is almost too revolting to describe. It is light colored, has several multiples of legs and runs like it stole something. I don't know what it's called or what it wants from me but it has lived in every house that I've lived in. I see it maybe twice a year and there is no end to the panic it causes. My son had just finished showering this morning when I heard him yell "Oh my God WTH is that?" He had stepped out of the shower, grabbed a towel to dry his hair and when he looked in the mirror the thing was attached to the towel on top of his head.
    I will not find peace until that thing is in my vacuum cleaner and the bag removed and thrown in a covered trash bin...outside.
    CYA

MRD

I was going to say that the vaccuum cleaner with the long hose attachment is very good for getting rid of unwanted bugs like spiders. I do NOT Like frogs, especially tree frogs and we had some get in the house when hubby wasn't home and I used the vaccuum to get rid of them. Then I put it outside in the carport until he got home to empty the bag.
    I don't want bugs in the house, but they dont' freak me out. Snakes either. But frogs??? Man, I do NOT like frogs. And they used to hang out on our front porch at night to eat bugs attracted by the porch light. I could almost not get in my house because I was afraid they'd jump on me and they did a few times. I screamed and ran like a girl.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;3458752;
    This reminds me of Larry the Cucumber (Veggie Tales for those of you who don't have kids who like to watch Christian vegetables sing and dance). In one of his silly songs about loving his lips he says "Usta!" and my kids used to say it a lot, kind of like how you're using it.
    I always thought he was saying "gusta!" which means "like" in Spanish, as in "Me gusta Larry the Cucumber". I could be wrong.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread