+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5770Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;3454287;
    This morning we were working in our office and had our desk lamp on. We turned it off, to go eat breakfast and when we came back in, we smelled something electrical burning. We unpluged all the electrical appliances and felt of everything, nothing was hot. We inspected everything and found it was the Lamp. Mr. Ing took it apart and it was a wire that had gotten loose and burned the dimmer switch.
    Now, I have something else to be paranoid about. We are just glad we were here and found it before it started an electrical fire.
    So, check your lamps before you leave.
    With all due respect, I would rather deal with the lighting issue than the snakes.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

But snakes can't catch the house on fire, can they? I hate snakes, though.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I would take on a snake over a spider any day. A few days ago I killed a baby spider trying to break in through my deck door. Every day since I have had one of it's clan trying to attack me! I swear, they are pissed that I took out the baby and they are waging war on my apartment! I would deal with a snake every day if I never had to see another spider for the rest of my life!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

I'm just sick... and old student of mine (my son's age) raped and stabbed the 2 yr.-old daughter of his girlfriend yesterday. He was a thug when I had him, and everyone's memories of him involve him punching people out. He resisted arrest and then threatened to kill the police and their families and then jammed the toilet in jail and flooded his cell. The girl will survive (he stabbed her in the leg and set her blanket on fire). I saw it on the news just as I was leaving to teach my swimming classes full of 2 yr.-old girls. Sick, just sick.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3456559;
    I'm just sick... and old student of mine (my son's age) raped and stabbed the 2 yr.-old daughter of his girlfriend yesterday. He was a thug when I had him, and everyone's memories of him involve him punching people out. He resisted arrest and then threatened to kill the police and their families and then jammed the toilet in jail and flooded his cell. The girl will survive (he stabbed her in the leg and set her blanket on fire). I saw it on the news just as I was leaving to teach my swimming classes full of 2 yr.-old girls. Sick, just sick.
    Gut that's horrible. But child molesters don't fare well in prison and at least he's off the street so he can't do it again.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

How terrible! In cases like this, I believe in the death penalty-immediately!

I agree Gut. It makes me sick to think of someone hurting an innocent baby like that. There's a special place in hell reserved for people like him. But like MRD says, hopefully he'll have a taste of hell on earth once he gets to prison.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

How horrific for that baby.
    CYA

That makes me sick to my stomach, Gutmutter. That poor little girl..

Does anyone know the answer to this question..

I have a package UNOPENED that I didn't order! Can I just write return to sender on it and plop the damn thing in the mailbox?
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

I'm so sorry to hear that Gut. That is just absolutely gut wrenching. Hopefully that poor little girl will have justice. I'll keep her and her family in my prayers.

Yes, I believe if you just write return to sender the mail man will put a stamp on it and send it back (as long as it is unopened. If it is opened they won't do that).
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

+ Reply to Thread