+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5651Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3449213;
    You are very lucky, Lil Bit.
    My Dr. pooh poohed the sleep study for years, saying that I was not at all a candidate since I was not overweight, etc.
    Well, I still have sleep apnea and I still am not overweight.
    I'm sorry to hear that. Do you use a CPAP? The CPAP worked really well for me. I know there are some people who are never able to get used to it, but I adapted quickly and it made a world of difference in the amount of sleep I was getting at the time. I didn't know that I had sleep apnea until I inquired about weight loss surgery. Then through all the tests and questions you go through to qualify for that, my doctor noticed the problem and scheduled me for a sleep study. They found that I had severe sleep apnea. I had no idea, just knew that I was tired a lot, but I think it came on so gradually that it seemed normal for me. But within about 3 months of having my surgery, I was able to sleep through the night without the machine.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3448939;
    He is the Z-man. He's created a profile on his X-box wrestling game with that name. It has the whole intro with music and the announcer "From Columbus Ohio it's the Z-man" as his character struts out to the ring to music. It's hysterical.
    I would love to see that. He is quite the character that Z-Man....

Thanks for posting the pictures Unklescott. Seeing "the Z-man" having a good time puts a smile in my heart.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3449940;
    I'm sorry to hear that. Do you use a CPAP? The CPAP worked really well for me. I know there are some people who are never able to get used to it, but I adapted quickly and it made a world of difference in the amount of sleep I was getting at the time. I didn't know that I had sleep apnea until I inquired about weight loss surgery. Then through all the tests and questions you go through to qualify for that, my doctor noticed the problem and scheduled me for a sleep study. They found that I had severe sleep apnea. I had no idea, just knew that I was tired a lot, but I think it came on so gradually that it seemed normal for me. But within about 3 months of having my surgery, I was able to sleep through the night without the machine.
    They gave me the 2nd sleep study - in the first they diagnosed that I had sleep apnea - and the Sleep Dr. told me to wear the CPAP. I tried to wear it for a while, felt like I was drowning and unable to breathe. I just couldn't wear it.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Zac goes back in the hospital Monday for a heavy round of chemo. They're increasing the dosage for this round to try to knock out the leukemia. He has to be in remission for the transplant to work. Hopefully this will work. He'll be in for at least a month this time.
    I took him out in the Oldsmobile this afternoon since it might be the only chance we'll have this summer. We went to Dairy Queen then to a park to play.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3450191;
    They gave me the 2nd sleep study - in the first they diagnosed that I had sleep apnea - and the Sleep Dr. told me to wear the CPAP. I tried to wear it for a while, felt like I was drowning and unable to breathe. I just couldn't wear it.
    My brother had the same experience and they put him in a Bipap and he has no problems now. The bipap isn't continuous air, it gives you a pause to exhale.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I was checking on a student who hasn't been in my class for over a week and found out he's in the hospital with scarlet fever! yikes! Is that catching? I guess I'd know by now if he gave it to anyone in my classes.
    Count your blessings!

Unk, I'll be thinking about Zac.

It looks like he got some quality time in with a great grandpa before he goes into the hospital.

MRD

Cool pictures Unk. We'll be pulling for Zac that this time it really knocks that stuff out and he can get his transplant.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3451288;
    I was checking on a student who hasn't been in my class for over a week and found out he's in the hospital with scarlet fever! yikes! Is that catching? I guess I'd know by now if he gave it to anyone in my classes.
    My son had scarlet fever brought on by a strep infection, but both the strep throat and rash responded quickly to antibiotics. Hate to hear that a student of yours developed such a serious case! I agree you'd know by now if it had been passed along... for some reason I'm thinking there's a 3-day window between exposure and symptoms?
    remember to play

+ Reply to Thread