+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5651Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

  1. #13241
    FORT Fogey Lil Bit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,376

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3449213;
    You are very lucky, Lil Bit.
    My Dr. pooh poohed the sleep study for years, saying that I was not at all a candidate since I was not overweight, etc.
    Well, I still have sleep apnea and I still am not overweight.
    I'm sorry to hear that. Do you use a CPAP? The CPAP worked really well for me. I know there are some people who are never able to get used to it, but I adapted quickly and it made a world of difference in the amount of sleep I was getting at the time. I didn't know that I had sleep apnea until I inquired about weight loss surgery. Then through all the tests and questions you go through to qualify for that, my doctor noticed the problem and scheduled me for a sleep study. They found that I had severe sleep apnea. I had no idea, just knew that I was tired a lot, but I think it came on so gradually that it seemed normal for me. But within about 3 months of having my surgery, I was able to sleep through the night without the machine.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

  2. #13242
    FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,161

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3448939;
    He is the Z-man. He's created a profile on his X-box wrestling game with that name. It has the whole intro with music and the announcer "From Columbus Ohio it's the Z-man" as his character struts out to the ring to music. It's hysterical.
    I would love to see that. He is quite the character that Z-Man....

  3. #13243
    FORT Fogey Lil Bit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,376

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Thanks for posting the pictures Unklescott. Seeing "the Z-man" having a good time puts a smile in my heart.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

  4. #13244
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,138

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3449940;
    I'm sorry to hear that. Do you use a CPAP? The CPAP worked really well for me. I know there are some people who are never able to get used to it, but I adapted quickly and it made a world of difference in the amount of sleep I was getting at the time. I didn't know that I had sleep apnea until I inquired about weight loss surgery. Then through all the tests and questions you go through to qualify for that, my doctor noticed the problem and scheduled me for a sleep study. They found that I had severe sleep apnea. I had no idea, just knew that I was tired a lot, but I think it came on so gradually that it seemed normal for me. But within about 3 months of having my surgery, I was able to sleep through the night without the machine.
    They gave me the 2nd sleep study - in the first they diagnosed that I had sleep apnea - and the Sleep Dr. told me to wear the CPAP. I tried to wear it for a while, felt like I was drowning and unable to breathe. I just couldn't wear it.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  5. #13245
    That's all folks! Unklescott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    26,558

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Zac goes back in the hospital Monday for a heavy round of chemo. They're increasing the dosage for this round to try to knock out the leukemia. He has to be in remission for the transplant to work. Hopefully this will work. He'll be in for at least a month this time.
    I took him out in the Oldsmobile this afternoon since it might be the only chance we'll have this summer. We went to Dairy Queen then to a park to play.




  6. #13246
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3450191;
    They gave me the 2nd sleep study - in the first they diagnosed that I had sleep apnea - and the Sleep Dr. told me to wear the CPAP. I tried to wear it for a while, felt like I was drowning and unable to breathe. I just couldn't wear it.
    My brother had the same experience and they put him in a Bipap and he has no problems now. The bipap isn't continuous air, it gives you a pause to exhale.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  7. #13247
    Me and my shadow Gutmutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Always together.
    Posts
    12,809

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    I was checking on a student who hasn't been in my class for over a week and found out he's in the hospital with scarlet fever! yikes! Is that catching? I guess I'd know by now if he gave it to anyone in my classes.
    Count your blessings!

  8. #13248
    Being VIP Yardgnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Harnessing my evil for good.
    Posts
    5,469

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Unk, I'll be thinking about Zac.

    It looks like he got some quality time in with a great grandpa before he goes into the hospital.

  9. #13249
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Cool pictures Unk. We'll be pulling for Zac that this time it really knocks that stuff out and he can get his transplant.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  10. #13250
    FoRTer coltnlasma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,079

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3451288;
    I was checking on a student who hasn't been in my class for over a week and found out he's in the hospital with scarlet fever! yikes! Is that catching? I guess I'd know by now if he gave it to anyone in my classes.
    My son had scarlet fever brought on by a strep infection, but both the strep throat and rash responded quickly to antibiotics. Hate to hear that a student of yours developed such a serious case! I agree you'd know by now if it had been passed along... for some reason I'm thinking there's a 3-day window between exposure and symptoms?
    remember to play

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.