+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5818Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I'm always amazed at how many people have insomnia issues. Sleep disturbances are very rare for me; always have been. I remember in 7th-8th grade, I had trouble sleeping for several days, once. My mother gave me a half an OTC sleeping pill, and I slept for 2 days straight, missing 1 day of school!!! I'm sure that freaked her out! I couldn't stay upright for long, sitting or standing.

I tried melatonin for a brief period of time many, many years ago. It gave me great nights sleep, but my dreams were so ACTIVE that it was unbelievable! I rolled from one huge dream to the next huge dream to the next huge dream. It was kind of interesting that when I awoke, I was fully rested.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

It is unusual for me, yes. Sure this is NY and bad things happen everyday, but i'm not used to crime being this close to home.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I have frequently have very active dreams when I sleep. I take a nyquil gell cap every now and again because they are the only things that make me sleep dreamlessly. No idea why. I've tried other sleep aids and they always leave me in a zombie like state and screw with my body too much.

Usually if I know I am going to have a hard time sleeping I do a little workout just before bed. Nothing much, maybe just run up and down the stairs a few times, but it usually helps.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Stress makes me sleepy, too. I've got this sleep thing down to a fine art! Yay, Me!! (That is gratitude speaking, not arrogance!)
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Wait, Melatonin gave you special dreams? Ehmmm.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Amy Lee - I hope the upswing in crime in your neighborhood is short-lived, I would also be uneasy!

MRD - Good luck, I hope your sleep study goes better than you expect!!

MRD

Well I came home and slept for 4 straight hours. There I had some problem falling asleep as they want you on your back and I don't sleep on my back. I had more stuff hanging on me than a Christmas tree, try sleeping with all that. THen I turned over and one of the leads on my leg came off. I was also kind of freaked out at the camera pointing right at the bed! Since they kept me up about 2 hours past my normal bedtime, I did fall asleep and stayed asleep for about 2 hours, then had to go to the bathroom, but fell back asleep fairly quickly and slept another 2 hours at which time they allowed me to go home. Won't get the results until next week.

But the center was like a cross between a hotel and a hospital. Lovely room, beautiful double bed with nice linens, towels in a basket, scent sticks, etc. They had tv and music and let me read for a bit.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

MrdI would have trouble sleeping with all the wires and knowing there was a camera. I hope you will find out what you need to do so you can get a good night sleep. My internal clock wakes me up at the same time everyday, so I have to be careful, and go to bed so I will get enough sleep.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;3448005;
    MrdI would have trouble sleeping with all the wires and knowing there was a camera. I hope you will find out what you need to do so you can get a good night sleep. My internal clock wakes me up at the same time everyday, so I have to be careful, and go to bed so I will get enough sleep.
    That's part of my problem. If I go to sleep at 10 or at 2, I am up at 5:30 a.m.
    The camera thing sort of freaked me out, knowing I was being watched. And they had a microphone over the bed. So right there, knowing you can't pick your nose or pass gas because it will be seen and heard.....
    Seriously, the wires were bad enough. I did feel really self conscious about the camera and microphone.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I've had sleep studies done because I used to have sleep apnea. They tried to tell me that I had Restless Leg Syndrome but it was just all the wires that were attached to my legs to monitor movement. I guess they expect you to lay on your back but I can't sleep in that position. The thing I remember the most is trying to get all the glue out of my hair from all the wires they attached to my head. Ick!! My sleep apnea went completely away when I lost weight and I haven't had a problem with sleeping since.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread