+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7193Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

lol livin! You sound like me! It's amazing how one of those PM pills can do wonders for settling in to sleep.
    Yup, with donuts!!

tis true buglover. My ideal dose is 1 1/2. If I do a full dose next day I feel groggy..
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3446376;
    I'm having a sleep study tonight and I'm not looking forward to it. I have none of the symptoms of sleep apnea, I'm a chronic insomniac which is why my dr. is sending me to have this done. I am not looking forward to being awake half the night in a strange place. They better let me read.
    Good Luck. Keep in mind they will spend about an hour hooking you up. So, you may not need the book. And, once they hook you up, it's not easy to do anything but lay there. You may actually want to sleep.
    My DR. kept telling me there was no way I had sleep apnea as I don't fit the profile. Well, I do have it and it amazes me how many people actually do have apnea. It's one of the most common things nowadays. I am alarmed at the number of people who take sleep meds because they cannot sleep / stay asleep.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 05-12-2009 at 07:48 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

MRD
    I'm like buglover, conditions have to be PERFECT for me to sleep. I will take my own pillow. But I absolutely cannot fall asleep without reading. I get panicky if I don't have my book. I know, weird, but even if I only read 1 page, I have to read. And it takes me over an hour usually to fall asleep and I take medication to help me sleep. I normally get about 5 hours of sleep, that's when the meds wear off. But the meds I take are also what treats my familial tremor, so it's double duty for me. I already filled out the forms and I dont' fall asleep in a chair or in the car or anywhere else except in a bed. I wish I could fall asleep other places sometimes. But the only question I answered yes to was do I take naps and then I had to put how frequently which has not been all that frequently since I went back to school.
    I never had a problem sleeping until I hit my 40's. I swear, I quit sleeping, my eyesight and hearing went, got old lady bladder and became hooked on cable news once I hit 40. It is ALL downhill at that age.

But thanks all. I will report back on how big a problem patient I am for them tonight.

When Queenb, Doxie and I went to Atlanta in March, we stayed up talking until 4 am. I know I must have lain awake for about half an hour after lights out and I was back up at 8 a.m. and had showered, dressed, went downstairs for coffee, hung out for a bit, etc., before Queenb even cracked her eyes open. Don't know about Doxie, but I should have knocked on her door as her husband was also up and around and went to the mall before Queenb and Doxie got up. I could have gone with him. I swear if that's how it is tonight, then I am going to come home. I'd rather be miserable here with my computer and tv, than miserable there.
    Last edited by MRD; 05-12-2009 at 08:41 PM.

MRD,
    I expected to feel the same as you. But, it actually went better than I thought it would. And, I went through 2 sleep studies. The second time they tried hooking me up to the CPAP machine to see how it would benefit my sleep. My neighbor who's a huge guy, told me he loves the CPAP as he can finally now sleep through the night. I could not sleep with the CPAP, so after about 20 minutes, they finally gave up and propped my bed up a bit. I give a lot of credit to anyone who can deal with the CPAP. I sure couldn't.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

MRD

I actually know a lot of people that the Cpap helped, but I've heard of a few that can't use it because they can't sleep with it. I don't think I could, I wake myself up if I fall asleep with my glasses on and roll over and my glasses pinch my nose or press into my head.

I leave in an hour. I have on my most comfy and least embarrassing PJ's (least embarrassing as they are not stained or have holes in them) and have my pillow, book and meds all packed and am just killing time until the ordeal.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Just relax MRD. You sound exactly like me with your "sleep requirements" I even need all the stars aligned and a full moon! j/k. I'm sure they'll let you read. They've heard it all believe me. You will be fine.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

I'd like to be part of a sleep study. But since that's not going to happen anytime soon...Anyway, the crime in my neighborhood has ascended and it bothers me. I've always thought these blocks were safe, but today that was tested. A couple was stabbed in the park across the street(one of the victims is dead). I walk by that park almost everyday, it just so happens that today i forwent that. I don't like this at all. I want to feel safe here and this challenges that.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3446588;
    MRD,
    I expected to feel the same as you. But, it actually went better than I thought it would. And, I went through 2 sleep studies. The second time they tried hooking me up to the CPAP machine to see how it would benefit my sleep. My neighbor who's a huge guy, told me he loves the CPAP as he can finally now sleep through the night. I could not sleep with the CPAP, so after about 20 minutes, they finally gave up and propped my bed up a bit. I give a lot of credit to anyone who can deal with the CPAP. I sure couldn't.
    I love my husband's CPAP. His snoring was so bad it woke me up several times at night. I badgered him into asking his doctor for a referral to a sleep clinic and sure enough, he has severe sleep apnea. Now we both get to sleep through the night, unless I'm having one of my regular bouts of insomnia.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3447451;
    I'd like to be part of a sleep study. But since that's not going to happen anytime soon...Anyway, the crime in my neighborhood has ascended and it bothers me. I've always thought these blocks were safe, but today that was tested. A couple was stabbed in the park across the street(one of the victims is dead). I walk by that park almost everyday, it just so happens that today i forwent that. I don't like this at all. I want to feel safe here and this challenges that.

Wow, I hope things get better for you! Do you live in a bigger city with a lot of crime or is this kind of activity unusual?
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

+ Reply to Thread