+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7139Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Since I've been out of work, I've given away an embarrassing amount of "stuff" to people who were glad to get it. I use Freecycle.com to get it gone in a hurry, as I'd rather control what time people come, and to make sure they take ALL of whatever it is without strewing it all over the place "going through it". My rule is when I post, you have to take all of whatever I have listed as one item, and if it doesn't all work for you do something else with it. I don't post any sure 'nuff junk, though--I'm forcing myself to just throw that out. I no longer have ANY clothing more than a few years old, or more than one size too small, no more extra dresser (that I hated) in my bedroom to hold all the extra clothes, no SECOND tent, or extras of any camping stuff, no ridiculous amount of coolers, no jigsaw puzzles I have already done and so will never do again the next time I get sick--I could go on and on. My house is lots happier too. The bad part is I'm STILL not finished; but, I have put a good dent in it.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

queenb- That is a REALLY good idea! I just sold a bunch of stuff on eBay and shipping was so expensive that I hardly made any profit (I actually lost a little on a couple of items)! I'm definately going to take a look at that site, thanks!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What has really bothered me has been the events when people are putout of their residences/apartments and people have strewn all of their belongings all over the yards. This is just many different kinds of wrong.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

"shay, are you talking about people being evicted and it is the evicted one tossing stuff all over the yard or is it the landlord doing the tossing?

We own several rental properties and, fortunately, have never had to evict anyone. But my hubby says that if landlords here have to clear out the apartment they have to, by law, store the items in one of those storage places. Should the evicted one want their stuff at a later date, they have to pay up the storage fee and back rent first before they can retrieve any of their stuff. (And yes, this is all done through the court system)

I think those evicted have one year to try to claim their belongings. If nothing happens by that time, the landlord can then empty out the storage place and that property is now considered the landlord's. They can sell it, give it away, or toss it.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3442274;
    What has really bothered me has been the events when people are putout of their residences/apartments and people have strewn all of their belongings all over the yards. This is just many different kinds of wrong.
    That happens here a lot. The stuff is set out of the house and people swarm it and ransack it all. By the time the owners get home there's nothing left but junk. It makes me sad to see it. A while back there was a piece on tv about two older ladies who were standing guard over their neighbors things until one of their husbands got back with a truck and the neighbor got home to load up. People were trying to take things anyway. Several other neighbors got in on the act and made the would be thieves leave it alone. I was proud of them.

I've seen it happen around here, since we live in buildings, they literally put it next to the trash.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

MRD

I'm having a sleep study tonight and I'm not looking forward to it. I have none of the symptoms of sleep apnea, I'm a chronic insomniac which is why my dr. is sending me to have this done. I am not looking forward to being awake half the night in a strange place. They better let me read.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Oh I feel for you MRD. I can never sleep and have taken sleep-time medication my whole life. I will go into panic mode if I think I have to stay somewhere that I don't have my fans for noise, my sleep-aid or my tea to help me drift off to sleep. Good luck!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3446376;
    I'm having a sleep study tonight and I'm not looking forward to it. I have none of the symptoms of sleep apnea, I'm a chronic insomniac which is why my dr. is sending me to have this done. I am not looking forward to being awake half the night in a strange place. They better let me read.
    Good luck! Hope everything goes okay for you MRD!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

I've had 2 sleep studies done. Bring your own pillow(s) or blanket..whatever helps you sleep. I'm thinking there is only a certain amount of actual sleep time they need in order collect data. My last study I only slept for 6 1/2 hours and they were happy with that.

If you normally use a fan, ask for one. I also snuck an advil pm (just 1) a big no-no and didn't tell them. It worked out well for me anyway. Good luck MRD and relax!
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

+ Reply to Thread