+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5772Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaBelle27 View Post
    Thanks MissKitty and MyRosie, I'm trying not to worry, but it's been 20 hours now and I still have numbness in my middle finger. I feel like it should definitely be circulated away by now, with a full night's rest, and with all the typing I do writing all day at work and cruising the FORT.

It's just a sign of how stubborn I am, and how it bites me in the butt every time. I did make two trips... the younger, more stubborn version of me would have tried to do it in one. I guess I should have done three trips, you think I would have learned after the time I almost snapped my arm like a twig, but no. I don't learn...
    If it persists after a day or two, I might have it looked at. I have nerve damage in my hands and have to take medication for them. Mine was caused by a vitamin B deficiency which I had NO clue about. I was sent to a neurologist who said it wasn't my brain (thanks) and still had problems and finally I had some blood work done. Extensive blood work and I was having a number of deficiency problems.

It probably isn't that for you, but you may have pinched a nerve so if it keeps on after a few days, I'd talk to someone about it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Premium Member
    Thanks MissKitty and MyRosie, I'm trying not to worry, but it's been 20 hours now and I still have numbness in my middle finger. I feel like it should definitely be circulated away by now, with a full night's rest, and with all the typing I do writing all day at work and cruising the FORT.

It's just a sign of how stubborn I am, and how it bites me in the butt every time. I did make two trips... the younger, more stubborn version of me would have tried to do it in one. I guess I should have done three trips, you think I would have learned after the time I almost snapped my arm like a twig, but no. I don't learn...
    You should definitely see a doctor about this. If it was just caused by carrying bags in it should have gone away by now and it could be that you possibly have carpal tunnel syndrome. I don't know if you are having other symptoms, but here's some info on it. You can see if this fits, you are a prime candidate for this because of the repetitive motion you do at work and the fact that it is much more common in women.

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/c...l.htm#68973049

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    This is something i've always suspected.

Dial 'M' for these made-up calls

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniont..._1c21fake.html

The cashier had already rung up Keri Wooster's items when Wooster realized she didn't have her wallet. She dashed to her car and returned empty-handed to face the line of fidgeting customers she had kept waiting, a cell phone pressed to her ear. "Jordan, did you take my wallet out of my purse?" she asked in parental exasperation, as she made her way back to the checkout counter. "I'm holding up this line! You need to put things back where you find them."

Wooster, who has no children, was not actually talking to a Jordan, or indeed to anyone at all. But her monologue served its purpose, eliciting sympathetic looks from the frustrated crowd at her local Wal-Mart.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I usually look for a check-out lane with a female bagger. They bag lighter than a guy. If there are only guys, I try to remember to ask them to bag the groceries lightly; they go out of their way to accommodate. When I don't ask for light bagging, the bags weigh a ton; what is heavy to me and to a man are, usually, 2 different ideas.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I line too many plastic bags up my arms, too. I started taking a laundry basket in the car on grocery day. I use it to tote the bags into the house.
    I put the bread, produce and eggs, etc... into it to protect them from being smashed by the canned goods during the drive home.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

MRD
    My mom had gotten a grocery cart from somewhere. (I don't even want to know ) and as they had a wooden ramp in the garage at the backdoor for my grandmother, would use the cart to unload her bags in, wheel the cart into the kitchen and unload. She also used the cart to carry laundry back and forth and to haul other things around the house and yard.

My mom, the bag lady!

But I secretly wish that I now had a cart here too. She had a much bigger house than I did, but that cart would be so good to carry the groceries in with.

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    Hey Klatchers!! Thanks for the warm welcome, and the lively dialogue about my little problem. I like it here, I think I'll be in a LOT more often. This thread is only 3 months old and has so many posts!!!! That's wonderful!

Well, it's still numb but not as numb as yesterday. We'll see tomorrow if I'm going to go to the doctor about it.

I hope it has nothing to do with carpal tunnel, a woman I used to work with had surgery on both wrists within the time period I worked with her. I don't have any other symptoms, I just think it's a freaky little nerve thing, brought on by an actual "incident", not repeated stress. Hopefully.

We don't have too many "baggers" around here. I don't know about other states/areas, but it's like a bonus here in North Jersey to have a bagger at all, nevermind being able to pick the sex or age... As a teen, I worked in a Shop-Rite, and I'm a bit of a control freak, so I make sure that I do most, if not all, the bagging myself.

I am a container maniac. I constantly find myself in Target (and everywhere else) buying containers. I have a small, oddly shaped apartment and a habit of not being able to get rid of anything, just putting bunches of like items in containers to "organize" them. Whenever I do more shopping on those days that I'm bringing containers home, I find it so easy to use the container as a vehicle for my bags.

One of my friends uses a large "Carbiner" to hook her bags on, and just holds that. She found a freakishly huge one, I'm going to have to do the same.

Last edited by VeronicaBelle27; 10-11-2006 at 10:28 AM.
    Could does not mean should

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    My mom had gotten a grocery cart from somewhere. (I don't even want to know ) and as they had a wooden ramp in the garage at the backdoor for my grandmother, would use the cart to unload her bags in, wheel the cart into the kitchen and unload. She also used the cart to carry laundry back and forth and to haul other things around the house and yard.

My mom, the bag lady!

But I secretly wish that I now had a cart here too. She had a much bigger house than I did, but that cart would be so good to carry the groceries in with.
    Maybe this is an urban thing, but both young and old women use these carts to go back and forth to the grocery store of just plain shopping for anything. At our urban Farmer's Markets, it's almost an accessory, along with the cell phone and the dog, done up in the latest fashion.

They used to be pretty ugly, but with so many people in the city choosing to NOT have cars, they now come in colors and nice liners so when it rains or snows your purchases don't get wet.

I have two: one for the city and one for the cottage. Even though I don't have a single step into the cottage (you could shuffle through the front door) I keep it in the breezeway so that I can grab it when I have multiple loads of crap to drag inside. It sure beats going back and forth 6 or 8 times, just to bring in your shopping.

All our hardware stores sell them here, but here's a link if you need to order them.

http://www.furniture2yourdoor.com/shopping-carts.php
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

MRD
    Hey Klatchers!! Thanks for the warm welcome, and the lively dialogue about my little problem. I like it here, I think I'll be in a LOT more often. This thread is only 3 months old and has so many posts!!!! That's wonderful!

Well, it's still numb but not as numb as yesterday. We'll see tomorrow if I'm going to go to the doctor about it.

I hope it has nothing to do with carpal tunnel, a woman I used to work with had surgery on both wrists within the time period I worked with her. I don't have any other symptoms, I just think it's a freaky little nerve thing, brought on by an actual "incident", not repeated stress. Hopefully.

We don't have too many "baggers" around here. I don't know about other states/areas, but it's like a bonus here in North Jersey to have a bagger at all, nevermind being able to pick the sex or age... As a teen, I worked in a Shop-Rite, and I'm a bit of a control freak, so I make sure that I do most, if not all, the bagging myself.

I am a container maniac. I constantly find myself in Target (and everywhere else) buying containers. I have a small, oddly shaped apartment and a habit of not being able to get rid of everything, just putting bunches of like items in containers to "organize" them. Whenever I do more shopping on those days that I'm bringing containers home, I find it so easy to use the container as a vehicle for my bags.

One of my friends uses a large "Carbiner" to hook her bags on, and just holds that. She found a freakishly huge one, I'm going to have to do the same.

Well they may not bag in NJ, but they do pump your gas. I hate pumping my own gas.

I'm a container freak as well. Drives my family crazy. A container for everythig and every container in its place!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post
    Maybe this is an urban thing, but both young and old women use these carts to go back and forth to the grocery store of just plain shopping for anything. At our urban Farmer's Markets, it's almost an accessory, along with the cell phone and the dog, done up in the latest fashion.

They used to be pretty ugly, but with so many people in the city choosing to NOT have cars, they now come in colors and nice liners so when it rains or snows your purchases don't get wet.

I have two: one for the city and one for the cottage. Even though I don't have a single step into the cottage (you could shuffle through the front door) I keep it in the breezeway so that I can grab it when I have multiple loads of crap to drag inside. It sure beats going back and forth 6 or 8 times, just to bring in your shopping.

http://www.furniture2yourdoor.com/prodimages/shoppinglaundrycart.jpg

All our hardware stores sell them here, but here's a link if you need to order them.

http://www.furniture2yourdoor.com/shopping-carts.php
    I couldn't get the link to work, but if its the ones I'm thinking of I see loads of people with those. No the one my mom had was a regular store shopping cart. She "liberated" it from somewhere. I never asked as I was too embarrassed to want to know.

+ Reply to Thread