+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6539Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Newf, that's fantastic! I admire you for it as a survivor of 8 piano recitals in my youth. I even broke my right wrist one year and thought that would get me out of the recital and the teacher found a left handed only book. UGH! I hated those things. But I'm proud of you.

We were invited to the symphony and chorale's performance of Vivaldi's Requiem on Sat. I enjoyed it very much (especially the very tiny woman playing the VERY large bass drum-her feet actually left the floor when she hit that thing. ). But I can honestly say that this is the first time I've ever been to a performance of a classical piece where there were whistles and catcalls from the audience during the applause at the end. I kid you NOT.
    The Chorale director also directs the chorus at one of the local colleges, so can only assume that it was from some of the students in the audience.

I am currently availing myself of free wi-fi at various coffee shops because the library blocks facebook. And they don't have coffee.
    It should be tomorrow or the next day before we are up and running at home. The router thingy or something (I am such a technical illiterate) is bad and we're waiting on a new one. I think my cussing of AT&T was noticed by the router and it went bad and the people at AT&T also read this forum so are taking their sweet time in sending us the new one.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Some of these job ads are ridiculous!

Please include in your response a historical person who has influenced your life in some capacity and a brief description why
    Receptionist/Admin Needed for Office Suites
    What the hell does that have to do with your ability to do the job?
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Maybe they want to see if the person has any sort of functioning, creative brain?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3433966;
    I would be so unhappy if I didn't have my love for reading! In fact, I'm off to the library this morning! And, Cali, I also have an issue with books that have been all groped and slopped over. I always clean the covers of mine off with a disinfrctant wipe, and wash my hands the moment I get home. It doesn't fully resolve my discomfort, but it's a step. And I hate to get, and try not to, a paperback book from them. I have been known to report a book as a biohazard to library personnel...and if it's too nasty, I'll refuse it and request a hard cover....and when all else fails, I will take a couple of pages out of the book so that they have to replace it with a new one. I know, I know....shame on me....

I am on the board of my library and our funds have been seriously cut. While I can empathize with those who need to sanitize their borrowed books, the key here is ...borrowed. We do not have the funds to replace books that some may feel are a biohazard. Thanks
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Most germs can't live all that long on inanimate things like books. I'm pretty sure any book you get out of the library is safe. Please don't tear out pages.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3434438;
    Most germs can't live all that long on inanimate things like books. I'm pretty sure any book you get out of the library is safe. Please don't tear out pages.
    I agree with the two above posters. That is just senseless destruction of something that isn't yours. :nono If you are that concerned about the book maybe you should purchase them yourself and then you will know they are up to your cleanliness standard.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3434359;
    Maybe they want to see if the person has any sort of functioning, creative brain?
    I doubt that's it. I don't care for this make you jump through hoops attitude. Next thing you know they want you begging for it.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;3434468;
    I agree with the two above posters. That is just senseless destruction of something that isn't yours. :nono If you are that concerned about the book maybe you should purchase them yourself and then you will know they are up to your cleanliness standard.
    My sentiments exactly. Or, perhaps you could invest in a box of sugical gloves, and leave a couple pair between the pages as a public service in the event a germaphobe checks out the book.
    I don't find damaging the books to be any way amusing--I can promise you, at our local library, the book would never get replaced; we get very, very few new books here and certainly no replacements of older books.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

And i thought stealing the books was an issue.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3434402;
    [/B]

I am on the board of my library and our funds have been seriously cut. While I can empathize with those who need to sanitize their borrowed books, the key here is ...borrowed. We do not have the funds to replace books that some may feel are a biohazard. Thanks
    Nasty is Nasty, and I will not back down.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread