+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6756Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Four years, but you'd never know it from today's performance.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3433534;
    Awwwww! When everything goes to hell( As in the pc or connection), We all run to the library. And it's one of the best places too, books, free movies. Pick up some dvds while you're there.
    Not me. I don't know what it is but libraries freak me out. Don't get me wrong, if I had my own personal one I would be fine (shelves and shelves of books, movies and the quiet to enjoy them in sounds like a personal heaven!) but I get so grossed out when I think of who had the book I am holding before me. Did they read it in the bathroom? Did they sneeze on it? Did it sit under their bed for a month and get returned covered with mouldy cheese? *shudder*
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Don't think i don't get annoyed by the teenie boppers taking over the computers just to look at their silly myspaces. Alas, they're bursting brain cells, not me. hehe
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

If I have to go to the library (any time I want to type a resume, as I don't have MS Office on my laptop) there is a teens area and then computers just for them, plus a lot of computers on the 5th floor. I typically don't check out books because I am not much of a reader, I have a ton of books, and we half Half-Price Books here in the Seattle area, where a lot of times you can buy books for $1 or $2. I got Roller Coaster Tycoon 3: Platinum edition for $10. Back when we used to not have a ton of money though, and when my mum was a stay-at-home mom, we would go to the library quite often. Free books and DVD's? Yep, loved it.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I would be so unhappy if I didn't have my love for reading! In fact, I'm off to the library this morning! And, Cali, I also have an issue with books that have been all groped and slopped over. I always clean the covers of mine off with a disinfrctant wipe, and wash my hands the moment I get home. It doesn't fully resolve my discomfort, but it's a step. And I hate to get, and try not to, a paperback book from them. I have been known to report a book as a biohazard to library personnel...and if it's too nasty, I'll refuse it and request a hard cover....and when all else fails, I will take a couple of pages out of the book so that they have to replace it with a new one. I know, I know....shame on me....
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Newf, How wonderful for you! Did you take a bow after each piece or at the end? What did you play? Would you do it again?

Actually, I curtsied at the end. Once a smart-ass, always a smart-ass. I started out by walking on stage after a ton of kids (ages 7 to 17; I was the 20th performer) and saying, "You're probably wondering what the old guy is doing out here. Well, the old guy is wondering the same thing! . . . I'll be playing Gordon Lightfoot's Song for a Winter's Night and The Fly's Adventure by . . . by all means"

As for doing it again . . . maybe, but that much stress on a 50-year-old heart CAN'T be good
    Last edited by Newfherder; 05-04-2009 at 12:55 PM.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I remember my recitals from before-I never actually "choked" but my hands would shake until I got into the music. Years later when I was the choir director/pianist at my old church, my hands would still shake at the beginning of the service.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3433966;
    I would be so unhappy if I didn't have my love for reading! In fact, I'm off to the library this morning! And, Cali, I also have an issue with books that have been all groped and slopped over. I always clean the covers of mine off with a disinfrctant wipe, and wash my hands the moment I get home. It doesn't fully resolve my discomfort, but it's a step. And I hate to get, and try not to, a paperback book from them. I have been known to report a book as a biohazard to library personnel...and if it's too nasty, I'll refuse it and request a hard cover....and when all else fails, I will take a couple of pages out of the book so that they have to replace it with a new one. I know, I know....shame on me....
    Lmao! If I got books ther I would TOTALLY be doing the same thing! I do get books on tape there because I can listen to them at work all day, but I, like you, use Clorox wipes to wash them down. I think my adversion to libraries started in HS during Biology class when we had to do bacteria testing and we put petri dishes around the school. I don't remember everywhere we put them but I do remember that the library had more bacteria then the toilets.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Good for you Newf. When I was a kid I didn't want anything to do with piano lessons and seeing as my parents spoiled me rotten, they didn't force me to do anything that I didn't want to do. Now I wish they had. I would love to play, but I've got enough nerve wracking events in my life now with going back to college, so piano will have to wait once again. Congratulations on making it through your recital though. That took courage.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread