+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5651Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;3429810;
    Sorry, Muduh, I'm sure you were frustrated but I'd try to look at it from their point of view. You return a used air mattress without a receipt so they had no idea how long you'd had it. It was damaged. You can't just expect them to eat it without a hassle, otherwise they'd lose money all the time. I'm actually amazed that you got a replacement.

I've never, ever had a problem returning anything to Walmart. If it's damaged and I don't have my receipt, I wouldn't even try returning it. I have returned new things without a receipt before though. Usually Walmart is my go-to place for gift exchange because so many people don't give gift receipts. So I go to the desk, say it was a gift but I don't have a receipt, I get a gift card and let the kids get what fits or what they want.
    I have shopped at the same Walmart for over thirty years. Well the store has moved three times, but it's the same store. I honestly do not remember ever returning anything but that air mattress. And no, it wasn't damaged, it was defective. And I wasn't "returning" it because I didn't want or need it or because we had damaged it, I wanted to exchange a defective item for one that came from the factory in a usable condition. I got the new one and we're still using it frequently, three years later. If it starts leaking I will toss it in the trash and buy another one but probably not at Walmart since we try not to shop there any more than necessary.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3428586;
    They all suck and they all have crappy customer service. In fact, customer service rarely exists anymore. Good customer service anyeway.
    I haven't even told you about my absolute hate for Sprint. They outsourced their customer service to somewhere in South America and no, i cannot understand what they're saying to the point where i have to ask them to repeat. Sheesh!

And than their's Citi Bank. They thought it'd be a splendid idea to have their customer service operate from Asia. I can't bother to ask a complex question because i know i wont get an answer. It's bleeping infuriating.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

A friend once told me that one can ask the customer service rep where they are located....as in India, South America, China, etc., and they have to tell you where they are. When they state where they are located, you can tell them that you want to speak to someone in the US and they HAVE to transfer your call back to someone in the US.

I have never tried it so I don't know if it is true.

I have dealt with Dell dudes from India and the Philippines a few times when I had problems in the evening with my computer. Even though they were helpful and the language barrier wasn't that bad, I found that if I called Dell during normal daytime hours, I would get people in the US or Canada to help me. So now if I have a problem that can wait, I will just call during the day rather than at night.

I'm having an issue right now with our electrical supplier that I've been trying to get resolved for the better part of the last 24 hours. I made at least 10 calls today and was told that my wait to speak to someone would be approximately 45 mins. Since they're available 24/7, I've been trying tonight too with the same results. I just now got through and was told that their system is down and to try again in half an hour.
    CYA

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I was going to mention that I have had better success getting folks in the good, ol' US-of-A when I've called in the daytime hours. I'm glad to hear that this was, maybe, not a fluke.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My daughter has worked in customer service for years. She just got a promotion so now she's the person that the customer service reps call when they have a question, but anyway, I've been hearing HER side of the story for quite awhile now. She works for a major insurance company so many of the problems she had was with customers trying to file claims after their policy expired due to non payment, trying to lower their deductible after an accident, etc. So I've heard both sides. I've had my own problems with rude or just plain incompetent CSR's and of course, my daughter is perfect and unable to be rude or incompetent so I find myself trying to straddle the fence.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I worked customer service for a bank a few years ago so I can sympathise with both sides. You would be surprised at some of the things customers do to try and manipulate the company (and vice versa!) My last day I actually had a customer call in and threaten to commit suicide if I didn't reverse a 30.00 overdraft fee (which she occured for eating at McDonalds... if you don't have money, don't eat fast food... simple...) I had to record the call and we had to send cops to her house to make sure she didn't do anything. Scariest situation I have ever had to deal with at work!!!

On the flip side I had to return an airmattress to Walmart about 5 years ago that I got as a graduation gift. The first time I used it it leaked. Took it back, got a new one, no problem. Inflated the new one, it had a leak... Took it back (a tad bit more peeved than the first time) and they threw a huge fit because I wanted store credit. I mean, come on. If the first one leaks, I can understand that but if BOTH leak then I am NOT going to try for a thrid!!! Now I avoid Walmart unless it is absolutely nessecary.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3430969;
    I have dealt with Dell dudes from India and the Philippines a few times when I had problems in the evening with my computer. Even though they were helpful and the language barrier wasn't that bad, I found that if I called Dell during normal daytime hours, I would get people in the US or Canada to help me. So now if I have a problem that can wait, I will just call during the day rather than at night.
    That is VERY interesting. I may have to put that to the test one of these days...

I called again last night. This guy I was able to convince that there is something seriously wrong and he concluded in about 20 mins that he was not going to be able to solve my problem. Now they are supposed to have a "senior technical support" guy call me back this evening. I told him that they SAID someone was going to call me back the previous day and no one did. He assured me that HIS team would definitely call me back. We'll see.
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 05-01-2009 at 12:31 PM.

Noooooooo. The call I mentioned last time was supposed to take place between 7 and 9pm this evening. It is now 10:20pm and no one has called. I know I shouldn't be surprised, but I seriously cannot believe how tragic this tech support service is!! At this point I think I'm going to try calling during daytime hours early next week and see if I get someone from a country in the western hemisphere who might actually care if my problem gets resolved...

See I worked retail and at least where I was, it was definitely full of crazy stories of people trying to pull one over. A big one was last spring, where there was a coupon sent out over email to people who lived where new stores were opening. Well some people mass-emailed that coupon, and it was where you could get a free item in the store up to a $13 value with any purchase. Needless to say, people were printing out dozens of them and expecting to get a $13 body lotion and buy a $1.50 nail file or worse yet, a $1 gift bag. Some actually had the gall to come in and ask what our items under $2 were so they could use 8 of the coupons. Eventually our managers decided to invoke the "some restrictions may apply" clause that is on the coupon and say that it had to be equal or greater value for the purchased item. You can guess what happened-we got someone complain to corporate about it, and we had to honour the coupons, no matter how many they had.

They wised up though and did two things-first, it's now with a $10 purchase, second, it's only valid at the store listed on the coupon.

On another note, I am 21 today and now I can enjoy mocktails (I'm anti-alcohol) at a bar. Woo!
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

+ Reply to Thread