+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6938Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

If you've bought something and lost the receipt, can't the stores pull up your receipt if you can give them a date of purchase? I'm thinking about when people need receipts for tax purposes, and they don't have the original any longer. I've gone back to a store and told them the date, approximately what time I bought the item, and which register that I used (I have no idea why I remember all of these little gnarly details, but I do.) I can get the date since I seldom/never use cash.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Great news Unk, wish the boy a happy birthday from me and the doggies.

My problem with most customer service is that they don't care if the customer is right or wrong. They just don't care period.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Unk - I'm so happy to hear your good news about Zac!!!!!

Muduh - I feel for you. I recently returned something at Walmart and had no problems whatsoever. However, I shop more frequently at Target and I have tried to return something without any proof of purchase and I did feel like they were very suspicious. It ticks me off because I do MOST of my spending on groceries and tons of other stuff in that store!!

With regard to my computer saga, I had made arrangements for them to call me at 8:30 local time last night. I gave them a primary and a back-up number to reach me at. I had a meeting about some volunteer stuff earlier and I made a point to leave it early specifically so I would be at my house when they called. Guess what? THEY DIDN'T CALL!!!!
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 04-30-2009 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3430062;
    If you've bought something and lost the receipt, can't the stores pull up your receipt if you can give them a date of purchase? I'm thinking about when people need receipts for tax purposes, and they don't have the original any longer. I've gone back to a store and told them the date, approximately what time I bought the item, and which register that I used (I have no idea why I remember all of these little gnarly details, but I do.) I can get the date since I seldom/never use cash.
    I don't think all stores can do it, but I know that if you paid with a check or a debit/credit card then Target can get your receipt info. They just scan the item and then scan whatever payment method you used and voila! they have the info. On the other hand if you cannot prove your purchase in this manner they tie your return/exchange to your drivers license info and you are only allowed 2 returns like that per year. (obviously I paid attention when their return policy changed a while back )

That's good news Unk! Tell him Happy Birthday from the Buglover family!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Happy Birthday to Zac from the Queen , BooBoo, and Ringo.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

GREAT news, Unk! to Zac!
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

A BIG famita Birthday wish to Zac filled with candles and balloons!

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3429351;
    I think I mentioned a while back about an experience I had with a woman who worked behind the return desk at Walmart. I had bought two air mattresses because we were going to a cabin that didn't have enough bed space. I bought the mattresses a month or so before we left and of course, lost the receipt. One of the mattresses leaked so badly that we had to pump it up a couple of times during the night. When we got home I returned it to Walmart and the most offensive woman I may have ever met happened to be on duty. She just immediately launched in to this tirade about how you just couldn't bring stuff back two or three YEARS after you bought it and expect a refund. It had been a couple of MONTHS and I wasn't asking for a refund but a replacement. She and I almost came to blows. I told her to call the manager and HE acted like I was trying to steal something. I was furious by the time I left with my new air mattress under my arm.

Now about that computer help let me say that Apple has the best assistance I have ever had anywhere. I can call the Apple store right here in town and actually speak to a technician. One who speaks English! And if they can't talk me through the problem I can take the computer in and they will help me, or fix it for me.
    I used to read a blog written by a lady who worked at Walmart doing returns. Apparently air mattresses are a HUGE problem and source of abuse by customers. Many times they would have a customer buy them for relatives in town and then want to return them after their company left among other abuses. The stories she would write were just incredible. I wish I could find the link but I can't. I'm glad you were able to get a replacement though.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Happy Birthday to Zac! What a kid, I hope he has a wonderful birthday filled with cake and presents
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

+ Reply to Thread