+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6938Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3428341;
    Both Verizon and At&t suck. There.
    They all suck and they all have crappy customer service. In fact, customer service rarely exists anymore. Good customer service anyeway.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I've had AT&T forever for my cell phone (before they went with Cingular) and have never had a problem with them. Actually, when I had them for my land line they were fine as well. Even when I had to deal with customer service the problem was always resolved quickly and there was never an irritating customer service experience.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;3428605;
    I've had AT&T forever for my cell phone (before they went with Cingular) and have never had a problem with them. Actually, when I had them for my land line they were fine as well. Even when I had to deal with customer service the problem was always resolved quickly and there was never an irritating customer service experience.
    My cell service with them has been fine. The internet and landline, no and their customer service in dealing with those has been horrible. Used to have Charter and they were worse. AT&T is the lesser of two evils.

Update on the ex-friend. Mutual friend called and left me a message to call her. I haven't talked to her in ages, so I called her back, left a message and said I was glad to hear from her (I am) and would like to get together, but if she called to talk about mutual ex friend, don't bother. She called me back and said she ended her friendship with her as well, but hers was WAY more vocal than mine AND she also told her off when ex-friend started running down my husband to her. He fixed her computer 3 times and did other little things for her and she calls him a sh*t. I'm all mad again, but glad to know that mutual friend is still around. I had been avoiding her as those two were always together and thought I'd have to see ex-friend if I saw mutual friend. I apologized for avoiding her, told her why and she completely understands, so we have made arrangements to get together this weekend. Funny, but we were both so glad to talk to the other and know we are ok and are rid of ex-friend. Sad thing is that ex-friend was at one time a delightful person. I'm sorry she's developed an alcohol problem and can't control it, but mutual friend thinks it goes beyond that. I hope she gets help, but I can't, just can't be around her while she's like this. I don't wish ex-friend any bad things. I hope she does get help and straightens out her life, but I lived with an alcoholic at one time and I won't be subjected to that kind of stuff from so called friends who won't help themselves.

Hopefully you can follow all that.
    Last edited by MRD; 04-29-2009 at 11:53 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3428620;
    Hopefully you can follow all that.
    Who's on first?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Third Base!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

In my experience with alcoholics they often have to hit bottom before they can pull themselves back up. Losing the people in your life that you are close to is a step towards hitting rock bottom. She may have a way to go, and she may never resolve her alcohol issues. You have to protect yourself and having a destructive person in your life isn't a good thing.

Besides, anyone who disses Mr. Rosie deserves a kick in the butt. He seems like a great guy, but you know, even if she doesn't think so, she needs to keep that opinion to herself. Reminds me of my sons ex-FIL. He started trashing my son to ME! I was like, Excuse me!?! This is my SON you are talking about. He may have his problems but dammit, you attack him and you're gonna have momma tiger on your back. People are just stupid sometimes.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

I have to vent for a moment. The monitor on my home desktop stopped working rather suddenly last week and I am having a nightmare of a time dealing with technical support to get it running again...

Call #1: I get a woman, we go through some steps. She says this is an "unknown" problem and asks me to hold for a couple of minutes. I am browsing the Internet on my work laptop and suddenly realize that I have been on hold for 45 MINUTES. I decide she is not coming back, so I hang up and call back which leads me to...

Call #2: I get a man who is much more helpful. We spend over an hour trying to diagnose the problem. He concludes that it is the video card and is going to send me a new one. He arranges for a time to call back a couple days later to see if it works.

I missed the call back because it turned out to be a really bad time. I put the card in a couple of days later and it doesn't work. The last guy left me an extension for voicemail and said I could leave a detailed message or send an e-mail and someone familiar with my problem would call me back to help.

Call#3 & #4 & e-mail #1: These were all attempts to get someone to call me. I left detailed messages with my name, case number, what time I would be available for them to call me (with time zone), and the phone number to call me at. People called me back, but did so at completely the wrong times and on Monday when I got to work I had messages from them. I didn't leave my work number for them to call me back at!!

Call #5: Last night I called again. Got a new person so I am pretty much starting over AGAIN. Nearly an hour-and-a-half later I actually feel like we are making progress!! Then the battery in my cordless phone starts beeping that it is low and it dies...while I am on hold. UGH! I hang it up and the guy calls back a few minutes later, but the battery has not recharged enough to give him my cell number so he can call me back. I immediately called back into the 800 number and that leads us to...

Call #6: I got thru to someone less than 2 minutes after my phone died. I tell him that I just spent 90 minutes working through a problem with a technician but my phone battery died and I was disconnected. They guy says "don't worry, I can help you with your problem". So I stopped him and said, that I had been working with this other guy for a long time and asked him if he could connect me back to that guy. This guy tells me "I could transfer you, but there is no guarantee that you would get back to your previous support person". WTH!? Why not?? This is not just inefficient for ME, it is inefficient for THEM also!! I started to give the new guy a chance to see if he could pick up where the last guy left off, but it was clear very quickly that we were starting all over again so I told him I would be unable to resolve the issue that night. It was after midnight at this point!

They always transfer to a "supervisor" at the end of the call, and I was too tired and furious to even complain to him last night. When this is all over, I will be writing a long letter to the company about this. Poor customer service is the reason I will not buy a Gateway again. When I got this system, the service seemed great but I have the feeling it has since been "outsourced" since that time. My rant is over, thanks for letting me vent!! I am going to have to brace myself to do this all over again tonight (call #7)...

Wow, what a mess. The paranoid part of me wonders if companies do these sorts of things to make it easier for the customer to just give up and buy a new monitor (or whatever). Good luck anyway. Maybe it will turn out to be lucky number 7 for you.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Closet, did you at least get actual english speaking people? Our help desk is located in India and most of the time I spend saying, "Excuse me?" "I'm sorry can you repeat that?" or they do it to me because they don't understand me either!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3428902;
    Closet, did you at least get actual english speaking people? Our help desk is located in India and most of the time I spend saying, "Excuse me?" "I'm sorry can you repeat that?" or they do it to me because they don't understand me either!
    I believe that their customer support people are in India. The majority of the people I have dealt with have very good English. On top of that I work with a few people who are originally from India so I am fairly attuned to the accent, so fortunately my "excuse mes" are kept to a minimum!

+ Reply to Thread