+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6258Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3427473;
    Sorry, but I had to laugh at this.

I have had AT&T for the longest time for my cell service. I absolutely detested them for a while (snotty service agents, erroneous charges on my bills, etc), then they changed to Cingular and things really seemed to improve. Just when I was getting used to Cingular they decided to change the name back to AT&T! While I don't love by any stretch of the imagination, I don't completely loathe them at the moment either. Although that may be because Charter Communications (my cable company) is currently at the top of my "hate list" ..
    Oh, you sound like me. I have AT&T and have had horrible problems with their internet and landline service, but my cell service has been fine. Just don't ever try to call AT&T about anything. We also used to have Charter and don't EVEN get me started on them. We had their phone and internet service which went out everytime the hamster running on the wheel that powered them, got tired.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Am I the only person who absolutely loved the phone company when it WAS a monopolistic organization? Service was much better and the rates were way less.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3427452;
    Not to rain on your parade, but Alltel and Verizon are merging
    Really? I thought they were turning into AT&T.....

You have no idea how many obscenities are forming in my mind right now...
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3427479;
    Oh, you sound like me. I have AT&T and have had horrible problems with their internet and landline service, but my cell service has been fine. Just don't ever try to call AT&T about anything. We also used to have Charter and don't EVEN get me started on them. We had their phone and internet service which went out everytime the hamster running on the wheel that powered them, got tired.
    My biggest beef with Charter is the computerized "lady" who wants to help me figure out my cable modem problem every time I call. The more annoyed I get, the less likely she is to understand what I'm even saying. I have gotten to the point where as soon as she comes on I just say "No" to every question she asks until I get the "I'm sorry I'm having trouble understanding you, would you like to speak with a customer service agent?" -- The answer to THAT question is "YES"!!

Oooh, I've been 'round & 'round with Charter more than I care to remember. I need to call them about our latest bill, but have been putting it off for just that reason. Sometimes, when the computerized voice asks how it can help, I've found that if you say "representative" a time or two, then it will transfer you to a hold line for a live person.
    Last edited by coltnlasma; 04-28-2009 at 06:18 PM. Reason: added a thought
    remember to play

These are the cases where it pays to live in a place that has multiple providers. My complex has Verizon, RCN and Comcast for TV service. I have RCN, myself, which is an 'alternative' provider, and they have really good customer service, when I need to call. I continue with Verizon for my land line (keep it for 911), and T Mobile for my cell.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Mrd You can go to the National Do Not Call Registry website and register up to 3 phones, land and cell. That will get rid of your annoying telemarketer.

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;3427588;
    These are the cases where it pays to live in a place that has multiple providers. My complex has Verizon, RCN and Comcast for TV service. I have RCN, myself, which is an 'alternative' provider, and they have really good customer service, when I need to call. I continue with Verizon for my land line (keep it for 911), and T Mobile for my cell.
    We've got a choice of Time Warner Cable and RCN in my building. I had RCN at first, as it was cheaper, but for whatever reason, I used to have epic internet or internet and cable outages, and for as helpful as their customer service people were, it annoyed me to death that my internet would just go out for the entire night, and this happened about once every six weeks in my final year of their service. The final straw was the time that they had a 12+ hour internet and cable outage the day of the Grey's Anatomy season finale. Cut me off from FORT and force me to miss the Grey's finale? Nope. Time Warner hasn't been bad for me. At least I always HAVE internet and cable.

As for my cell, I have Verizon and I haven't had any problems with them. Pretty much by default, because you had to be a masochist to have anything else at my alma mater, and they're also the only ones who get halfway decent reception at our summer place in Maine. My dad had Cingular for awhile, and for reasons I'm sure only God knows, he had unbelievable problems with dropping calls and/or getting no reception in, of all places, midtown Manhattan.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Both Verizon and At&t suck. There.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I've had Verizon as my cell phone provider for nearly a decade and the only problem I've had is a weak signal in my apartment (which is no big deal since I keep a landline) -- and have had absolutely wonderful customer service, both by phone and in person at our local store.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread